[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4287: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
The case for Matt - Page 3 - Stranded in Tuamotus
By Aurora
Group Posts Custom Custom
Jessica wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:29:51 am
Stephannie wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:21:54 am Matt told me in the early merge... or maybe even the late pre-merge... that he was bothered by the way he was perceived. Something about Liz calling him "Sherri's lapdog." I laughed with him about it and assured him it wasn't true, that sometimes people have their perceptions and we can't worry too much about them, no use controlling what other people think etc.

There's nothing wrong with being UTR. My merge was quieter, which was intentional because I came in on the heels of Missy trying to mastermind the game against me (lol) because "I was a huge threat who needed to go."

But with Matt I'm curious now... he came into the merge knowing how he was perceived. But then decided to keep his approach the same throughout. So it's like, you knew you were being viewed as "a follower" or "quiet" or whatever - whether it was true or not - and had the entire merge to change that perception. But continued to sit more behind the scenes. And I do think he's kind of relying on a Scooby-Doo reveal, at least in some capacity.... which I'm not closed off to necessarily but he'll need to articulate himself well.

I also don't get the aspect of not leaving goodbye comments for anyone. We played nearly the entire game together and it was like... you ended that after almost a month and have *nothing* to say in the moment? Not even a "take care" type of comment? :cold:
That’s a really good point that he knew how he was perceived but did nothing to change it until the last second. And he only did that because he knew he couldn’t win against Sherri. Steph, you were not supposed to go on Wednesday, Sherri was.

But the no leaving comments just makes him look bad. Like, jury management is a think and It’s like he doesn’t care? I’m not sure what he’s thinking there.
What's with not leaving comments except for the "gamebot" comment about me?

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Posts Custom Custom
By Stephannie
Custom Custom Posts
That was on the voting parchment I believe- I think he left those every round. I meant comments i.e. not posting in the TC thread itself after Jeff read the votes.

Stephannie

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts
By Aurora
Group Custom Posts Custom
Stephannie wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:47:43 am That was on the voting parchment I believe- I think he left those every round. I meant comments i.e. not posting in the TC thread itself after Jeff read the votes.
Haha, yes sorry for the confusion.

Although, I found Michael's comments condescending so I'd rather not see one from him.
Stephannie, Reynold liked this

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Custom Posts Custom
By Jessica
Group Group Posts
Aurora wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:50:02 am
Stephannie wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:47:43 am That was on the voting parchment I believe- I think he left those every round. I meant comments i.e. not posting in the TC thread itself after Jeff read the votes.

Although, I found Michael's comments condescending so I'd rather not see one from him.
I feel like he was trying so hard to be Dean. I also think he was playing for the Valentine award :eyeroll:

Jessica

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Group Posts
By Aurora
Custom Custom Posts Group
Jessica wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:53:43 am
Aurora wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:50:02 am

I feel like he was trying so hard to be Dean. I also think he was playing for the Valentine award :eyeroll:
:barf: :barf: :barf:

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Group
By Elizabeth
Posts Group
Funny. I think he’s a Tanz wannabe!!! Trying too hard to be Dean. I mentioned it in final speeach. What has he done other than be a fanboy who can’t come up with his own jokes. Also says” this isn’t Tanz” but so obsessed with Tanz haha

Elizabeth

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Group
By Jessica
Group Group Posts
Elizabeth wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:59:15 am I think if they give him valentine his wannabe hard work paid off. Dean 2.0 for sure then
We love original Dean :heart: ... wanna Dean is just sad lol but I’m glad I’m not the only one to see him like that.
Elizabeth liked this

Jessica

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Group Posts
By Elizabeth
Group Posts
Jessica wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:04:50 am
Elizabeth wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:59:15 am I think if they give him valentine his wannabe hard work paid off. Dean 2.0 for sure then
We love original Dean :heart: ... wanna Dean is just sad lol but I’m glad I’m not the only one to see him like that.
We see it because we know I’m. All these newbs think he’s so funny and so cool lol he stole all his moves for Dean. Not fun and not cool. He wasn’t shy about his fanboying ways too.

Elizabeth

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Posts
By Elizabeth
Posts Group
I should spell check before sending lol

We see it because we know Him. All these newbs think he’s so funny and so cool lol he stole all his moves from Dean. Not funny and not cool. He wasn’t shy about his fanboying ways too.
Jessica, Aurora liked this

Elizabeth

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Group
By Alexis
I wanna know when Matt and Michael decided to ditch our trio and only be a duo :grief: :grief: :grief:

WAS I NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR THEM?! :grief: :grief: :grief: :grief: :grief:

:woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy:
Hope, Aurora liked this

Alexis

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Allie
Alexis wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:48:32 pm I wanna know when Matt and Michael decided to ditch our trio and only be a duo :grief: :grief: :grief:

:woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :woozy:
LMFAO. I always thought The Kissing booth was Matt, Michael and Sherri !!! :o
Alexis liked this

Allie

• Jury
By Reynold
glad I didn't watch anything but a bit of the reunion for last season. Lot's of cussing and I was stoned so I forgot. ADHD kicked it, didn't do any research about prior contestants. Initially thought Missy was a huge threat from the previous season. Besides that didn't really care/think about prior season. Wanted to have an original game
Hope liked this

Reynold

• Jury
By Alexis
Reynold wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:04:42 pm glad I didn't watch anything but a bit of the reunion for last season. Lot's of cussing and I was stoned so I forgot. ADHD kicked it, didn't do any research about prior contestants. Initially thought Missy was a huge threat from the previous season. Besides that didn't really care/think about prior season. Wanted to have an original game
I did the exact same thing.
Reynold liked this

Alexis

• Jury
By Stephannie
Custom Posts Custom
The only podcast I watched was the one with Missy getting grilled by Probst and Shonee, and I don't think I had found that until after the merge anyway :sob:
Reynold, Alexis liked this

Stephannie

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom
By Jessica
Group Posts Group
Does anyone else think that he put a weakness as a strength and vis versa? The way he was talking about his connections seemed negative to me while he praised himself for playing UTR.
Reynold, Aurora, Hope liked this

Jessica

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Posts Group
By Aurora
Group Custom Custom Posts
Alexis wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:48:32 pm I wanna know when Matt and Michael decided to ditch our trio and only be a duo :grief: :grief: :grief:

Definitely got into a f3 with them after the merge. Actually thought I had a chance to go with Matt but never thought Michael meant it.

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Custom Custom Posts
By Aurora
Posts Custom Group Custom
Stephannie wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:43:11 pm His speech was more self-aware than I expected, and I'm happy about that. It definitely changes how I was going to address him in the question phase.
Much respect for the self awareness!
Stephannie liked this

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Group Custom
By Hope
Stephannie wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:43:11 pm His speech was more self-aware than I expected, and I'm happy about that. It definitely changes how I was going to address him in the question phase.
Agreed Steph, it definitely is going to change the way I address him but I'll still be asking very similar questions.
Stephannie liked this

Hope

• Jury