[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4287: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Ongoing Game Commentary - Page 43 - Stranded in Tuamotus
By Hope
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:59:58 pm
Hope wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:55:40 pm
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:50:58 pm
Not to be like...the token devil's advocate fedora neckbeard here in Ponderosa, but I do think it's possible that Matt and Michael did have different realities of how they wanted to work together in the game. I know I personally was super conflicted on how I would handle various relationships.

Like I always wanted to stay true to Michael and considered him and Shamar my #1s for a VERY long time (and obv Liz, but the partnership twist made me few this differently), but then Rocker had my back in a way that no one else really seemed to (though, I think Shamar did too) and that was BIG for me, but in merge I was like, "well shit, how do I juggle my relationships with Liz, Mike, Rocker, Shamar, AND Matt?" And then Hope and I started to vibe really well and I was like GAAAAAH how do I do this?! "
So are you saying he just wasn't really sure how to manage his relationships well? With other people at least? Also I appreciate the token devil's advocate fedora neckbeard here in Ponderosa in you <3 i will be the same way today lol
Am I saying that about Matt or Michael?

Either way, I'm not saying that about either one. I think it says A LOT about Michael's relationship management that he got to FTC, despite the odds, actually. I'm just trying to say I think you can be working with multiple people and not totally plan out how things with that person will end up. Like it's possible Matt and Michael really did always have a plan to get to the end, but a lot of obstacles in their way just made it more complicated, and Matt maybe realized he needed to change course based on his own unique relationships, whereas due to Michael's circumstances it was easier for Matt to fit into his own plan.

Am I making any sense?
Yes, I see what you're saying. It def required extra maneuvering on Mike's part to get where he's sitting since Matt is saying it was always his intention to take me and Jess. And tbh Matt could have always just decided to blindside me at 4 lmfao. But honestly I just see Mike as having a golden opportunity fall into his lap which was me fucking up. I guess I'm biased since it's like my fuck up that allowed for Mike to have an clearer opportunity to sit there but he could have always ended up sitting there anyways I'd have no clue.

Hope

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Alexis
Hope wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:03:34 pm
Hope wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:55:40 pm

So are you saying he just wasn't really sure how to manage his relationships well? With other people at least? Also I appreciate the token devil's advocate fedora neckbeard here in Ponderosa in you <3 i will be the same way today lol

Either way, I'm not saying that about either one. I think it says A LOT about Michael's relationship management that he got to FTC, despite the odds, actually. I'm just trying to say I think you can be working with multiple people and not totally plan out how things with that person will end up. Like it's possible Matt and Michael really did always have a plan to get to the end, but a lot of obstacles in their way just made it more complicated, and Matt maybe realized he needed to change course based on his own unique relationships, whereas due to Michael's circumstances it was easier for Matt to fit into his own plan.

Am I making any sense?
Yes, I see what you're saying. It def required extra maneuvering on Mike's part to get where he's sitting since Matt is saying it was always his intention to take me and Jess. And tbh Matt could have always just decided to blindside me at 4 lmfao. But honestly I just see Mike as having a golden opportunity fall into his lap which was me fucking up. I guess I'm biased since it's like my fuck up that allowed for Mike to have an clearer opportunity to sit there but he could have always ended up sitting there anyways I'd have no clue.
It's also highly likely that Matt did not expect Mike to be in endgame. He did have a target on his back for a long time.
Hope liked this

Alexis

• Jury
By Aurora
Custom Custom Posts Group
I really like Matt's response to me. The best one I received. He apologized for calling me a gamebot on parchment (which I chalk up to Rocker telling him I was "all banged up" which I thought was a little oversell), but he never said sorry or I apologize in response to my actual question. Nice reading comprehension.

Also, he actually explained his strategy and why he put me down for all those answers. It makes sense to say, "Aurora's going home tonight, I will upset the least amount of people by putting her name down." I think Alexis could have been the person I wanted to stay connected with most after the game, but I was intentionally trying to minimize damage that the challenge intentionally created. I appreciate that he took more than a few seconds to consider my questions.

Was I out there yelling, "I WANT YOU TO TAKE OUT YOUR TEETH DAWN." Maybe. But if so, then Matt didn't whine; he took it seriously and took out his teeth. That's my read.
Hope, Alexis, Elizabeth and 1 others liked this

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Group
By Hope
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:06:08 pm
Hope wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:03:34 pm

Am I making any sense?
It's also highly likely that Matt did not expect Mike to be in endgame. He did have a target on his back for a long time.
I mean Matt definitely wanted Mike at final four in the endgame. It's part of why I was really frustrated, I saw Mike as a clear jury threat and didn't think he should make it past five or six. Had Matt actually been open with me about his and Mike's relationship I could have been more comfortable with. Lol like that's really all it took is for Matt to tell me that and maybe I wouldn't have bugged

Hope

• Jury
By Aurora
Custom Group Custom Posts
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:50:58 pm
Hope wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:43:25 pm By the way, I just read Matt's response to my questions. I think it aired a lot of concerns I had about his game and I'm glad it really was his intention to bring me to final three instead of going with Mike's narrative of **THIS WAS ALWAYS THE PLAN!!!!** My vote is leaning Matt for sure. As for the attitude, I don't think he did the best job owning it but I appreciate him apologizing because I don't think he ever was really trying to be a /bad person/, I just think the endgame got ahead of himself. I think his overall positioning is a little more impressive than Sherri.
Not to be like...the token devil's advocate fedora neckbeard here in Ponderosa, but I do think it's possible that Matt and Michael did have different realities of how they wanted to work together in the game. I know I personally was super conflicted on how I would handle various relationships.

Like I always wanted to stay true to Michael and considered him and Shamar my #1s for a VERY long time (and obv Liz, but the partnership twist made me few this differently), but then Rocker had my back in a way that no one else really seemed to (though, I think Shamar did too) and that was BIG for me, but in merge I was like, "well shit, how do I juggle my relationships with Liz, Mike, Rocker, Shamar, AND Matt?" And then Hope and I started to vibe really well and I was like GAAAAAH how do I do this?! "
This is really great Alexis. I mean, who didn't have a million thoughts running through their head at all times, trying to figure out the best/morally right/most strategic path to the end? And ESPECIALLY with this cast. I really like everyone... Can't I just sit at the end with all of my friends, Jeff?! :laugh: :inlove:
Stephannie, Alexis liked this

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Group Custom Posts
By Allie
Tbh, I never made a difference between men and women in their way of playing or interpretating things xD

Allie

• Jury
By Alexis
Allie wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:19:19 pm Tbh, I never made a difference between men and women in their way of playing or interpretating things xD
Are you a man?

Alexis

• Jury
By Allie
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:22:20 pm
Allie wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:19:19 pm Tbh, I never made a difference between men and women in their way of playing or interpretating things xD
Are you a man?
Launch your guesses.

Allie

• Jury
By Alexis
Allie wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:22:57 pm
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:22:20 pm
Are you a man?
Launch your guesses.
Based on that comment, yes.

Alexis

• Jury
By Reynold
@Aurora

me bringinig up a "solid four way" was irrelevant. I just thought the post was funny. I'm not here for the game at this point. It's over for me. I already voted and shit lmfao

Reynold

• Jury
By Reynold
So michael stating to me sherri was at the bottom the final 2 rounds, didn't have the connections but won out in the end because she was perceived in the biggest threat and basically everyone knew she couldn't be there at that point, yet she kept fate into her own hands. Wow michael, you're wooing me over! not
Shamar liked this

Reynold

• Jury
By Aurora
Group Custom Custom Posts
Reynold wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:53:15 pm @Aurora

me bringinig up a "solid four way" was irrelevant. I just thought the post was funny. I'm not here for the game at this point. It's over for me. I already voted and shit lmfao
Reynold. lolol... It was a double entendre. Four-way... like, you know... :crine: :crine: :rofl: :grin:
Reynold liked this

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Custom Custom Posts
By Aurora
Posts Custom Custom Group
Jessica wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:31:15 pm @Aurora id broski nation a tip to Excursion? Cause that’s all I think about when you say it lol
Totally. I talked to "broski nation" aka my persona Josh and friends in every one of my confessionals. You'll see when I was voted out, Loveita started by saying, "No Broski Nation!"

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Group
By Jessica
Posts Group Group
Aurora wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:33:08 pm
Jessica wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:31:15 pm @Aurora id broski nation a tip to Excursion? Cause that’s all I think about when you say it lol
Totally. I talked to "broski nation" aka my persona Josh and friends in every one of my confessionals. You'll see when I was voted out, Loveita started by saying, "No Broski Nation!"
Omg lol I love that! I thought about incorporating Haley in somehow but it just never worked! I still owe you that hot tub party :wink:
Aurora liked this

Jessica

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Group Group