[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4287: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
The Mayor of Pounderosa - Stranded in Tuamotus
By Rocker
Posts Custom Custom
Some time has passed now since I pretended to be Stranded™ in French Polynesia with 23 god forsaken strangers on the internet. It’s now 2026, and the cast has agreed to meet up all in one central location, some outdoor walking art museum with a fancy enough bar and restaurant centrally located. Anytown, USA. I’m an early arrival and my nerves are at end but I wait in my vehicle until exactly 18 minutes after the agreed upon start time, as to not seem socially desperate. From 100 yards away I can see Reynold and Liz arguing on the steps outside the bar. I couldn’t make their wedding a few years back due to work, but was dispirited to hear of the subsequent divorce. I’m a lot of things but I’m a big softy and fan of romance and true love, I was really routing for those kids. I heard they are back banging sometimes, and Reynold seems a decent enough step-father figure. I saved their last happy Christmas card with the newborn and stepkids. All dressed up like reindeer, but they were holding nugs rather than mistletoe. Too funny. Who can keep up with those two...

I’m relieved to see their attention is elsewhere, towards that freaking Brandon kid who is waving his pocket bible around condemning people to hell. It’s kind of his thing, one of those evangelists who goes to college campuses and tries to get people to punch him. I hear Reynold unaware of how loud he is speaking bellow “IM THE MAYOR OF POUNDEROSA BABY”...I avoid the whole situation and sneak in behind them.

My head is pounding from the loud music immediately. A large group has formed in the center of the room. Sherri, Matt, GOAT Michael, some of the early vet boots, and unsurprisingly right at the center, Alexis. Good ole’ ride or die. I didn’t really keep up with her after, I guess that’s my fault. I easily slip away on people. It’s not forgotten that she definitely burned up some of her own game capital to try to save my fruitless effort, that was sweet. I make brief enough eye contact to acknowledge I’m around. Maybe later we’ll talk some baseball, at this point I’ve hit over two dozens stadiums in the last 3 years. Not exactly my ideal RGA, but you make amends. I wink at Michael just to fuck with that guy. I’m always at least 10% troll, I can’t turn that off.

That feels like enough social for me for awhile. I slip into the stairwell to try to kill some time before I have to settle in. The stairwell reeks of weed. I know well enough to look under the stairs, my good friend Hope is settin’ criss cross apple sauce on the floor chaining through some spliffs. I sit on the ground also and lean back, eventually Hope and I realized we suffer with a lot of the same chaotic energies. The in-game joke was some kind of fuckfest between us, but I’ve always felt more like it was a kid sister type of energy. Post game I did keep up with her the most, I think she was appreciative of the tales of my own demons and struggles in my early 20s. I have a unique perspective and should have been dead a long time ago. I was always happy to show her you can come out clean on the other side, even if that wasn’t always true for me I tried to project HOPE on her.
“Hey hop”
“Suck rock-man”
We sit in silence for a few minutes. This is maybe the happiest I’ve ever been.

The room is loud enough now we can’t ignore everyone forever. I make a beeline for Hannah, in a different universe Hannah and I would have had a blast Stranded™ together. She pushes her glasses up her nose and launches right into a tirade about “those little fuckers” she teaches. There’s a lot of comfort with Hannah, she makes me belly laugh maybe like no other from the cast. I don’t know why she doesn’t slide in as a cool kid, that’s beyond my social comprehension. Her roughness is exactly what I find most endearing, you don’t have to look far beyond to see the inherent sweetness. She’s in the middle of telling me about wrestling a crocodile in Perth or some shit, but a loud siren interrupts…****WEEE OOOO EVERYBODY MOVE HANDLEMAN IS HERE****. Shamar is here, with two bottles of gin taped to his hands. I haven’t seen that in 15 years. His smile is gregarious, his style is impetuous, and the look he shoots Reynold is just ferocious. Nobody knows what he is going to do, I’m just glad I get to see it.

-------
Part 2 (& more maybe!) later
Stephannie, Hope, Alexis and 1 others liked this

Rocker

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom
By Hope
Rocker wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:44:54 pm Some time has passed now since I pretended to be Stranded™ in French Polynesia with 23 god forsaken strangers on the internet. It’s now 2026, and the cast has agreed to meet up all in one central location, some outdoor walking art museum with a fancy enough bar and restaurant centrally located. Anytown, USA. I’m an early arrival and my nerves are at end but I wait in my vehicle until exactly 18 minutes after the agreed upon start time, as to not seem socially desperate. From 100 yards away I can see Reynold and Liz arguing on the steps outside the bar. I couldn’t make their wedding a few years back due to work, but was dispirited to hear of the subsequent divorce. I’m a lot of things but I’m a big softy and fan of romance and true love, I was really routing for those kids. I heard they are back banging sometimes, and Reynold seems a decent enough step-father figure. I saved their last happy Christmas card with the newborn and stepkids. All dressed up like reindeer, but they were holding nugs rather than mistletoe. Too funny. Who can keep up with those two...

I’m relieved to see their attention is elsewhere, towards that freaking Brandon kid who is waving his pocket bible around condemning people to hell. It’s kind of his thing, one of those evangelists who goes to college campuses and tries to get people to punch him. I hear Reynold unaware of how loud he is speaking bellow “IM THE MAYOR OF POUNDEROSA BABY”...I avoid the whole situation and sneak in behind them.

My head is pounding from the loud music immediately. A large group has formed in the center of the room. Sherri, Matt, GOAT Michael, some of the early vet boots, and unsurprisingly right at the center, Alexis. Good ole’ ride or die. I didn’t really keep up with her after, I guess that’s my fault. I easily slip away on people. It’s not forgotten that she definitely burned up some of her own game capital to try to save my fruitless effort, that was sweet. I make brief enough eye contact to acknowledge I’m around. Maybe later we’ll talk some baseball, at this point I’ve hit over two dozens stadiums in the last 3 years. Not exactly my ideal RGA, but you make amends. I wink at Michael just to fuck with that guy. I’m always at least 10% troll, I can’t turn that off.

That feels like enough social for me for awhile. I slip into the stairwell to try to kill some time before I have to settle in. The stairwell reeks of weed. I know well enough to look under the stairs, my good friend Hope is settin’ criss cross apple sauce on the floor chaining through some spliffs. I sit on the ground also and lean back, eventually Hope and I realized we suffer with a lot of the same chaotic energies. The in-game joke was some kind of fuckfest between us, but I’ve always felt more like it was a kid sister type of energy. Post game I did keep up with her the most, I think she was appreciative of the tales of my own demons and struggles in my early 20s. I have a unique perspective and should have been dead a long time ago. I was always happy to show her you can come out clean on the other side, even if that wasn’t always true for me I tried to project HOPE on her.
“Hey hop”
“Suck rock-man”

The room is loud enough now we can’t ignore everyone forever. I make a beeline for Hannah, in a different universe Hannah and I would have had a blast Stranded™ together. She pushes her glasses up her nose and launches right into a tirade about “those little fuckers” she teaches. There’s a lot of comfort with Hannah, she makes me belly laugh maybe like no other from the cast. I don’t know why she doesn’t slide in as a cool kid, that’s beyond my social comprehension. Her roughness is exactly what I find most endearing, you don’t have to look far beyond to see the inherent sweetness. She’s in the middle of telling me about wrestling a crocodile in Perth or some shit, but a loud siren interrupts…****WEEE OOOO EVERYBODY MOVE HANDLEMAN IS HERE****. Shamar is here, with two bottles of gin taped to his hands. I haven’t seen that in 15 years. His smile is gregarious, his style is impetuous, and the look he shoots Reynold is just ferocious. Nobody knows what he is going to do, I’m just glad I get to see it.

-------
PLZ IM LIVING FOR THIS STORY..... REYNOLD BEING THE STEP FATHER OF LIZ'S KIDS OH MY GOD :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: we'd be smoking in the stairwell FOR SURE :crazy: :crazy: Love you brother/boyfriend :zany:

Hope

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Reynold
@Elizabeth

you still want to make it work? We can share earpods and listen to taylor swift and cry together about the initial romance and the kids.
Elizabeth liked this

Reynold

• Jury
By Elizabeth
Group Posts
Reynold wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 7:47:20 pm @Elizabeth

you still want to make it work? We can share earpods and listen to taylor swift and cry together about the initial romance and the kids.
Done. Hitchhiking as we speak. Dunno where I’m going but sounds like a great idea
Reynold liked this

Elizabeth

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Posts
By Rocker
Posts Custom Custom
Shamar smashes his gin hands on the bar like I smash thumbs up on Stephannie gifs. He’s holding chips in hand. They’re sobriety chips. He’s been spending some serious time in an ashram in the fingerlakes, getting his mind right and shit. He pulls out A LIVE MINK from his jacket and scoots it on the table in front of Hannah. This was the greatest moment of Hannah’s life, she had never been proposed to by varmint before. These are Stranders.

She walked in through the shadows, so light on her feet. In constant surveillance of the room I ofc see her, it’s finally going to happen. I head off and insert myself in front of Missy. There’s blood on her face. She’s holding a few tools and an some abstract penis I assume she lifted off one of the museum pieces. We haven’t spoken since the game. She slugs me. I can’t resist. I kiss her right in the fucking mouth.
“That’s been a long time coming”
“Hahah wyd”
The tension has finally been relieved and we can finally be friends again. That’s a relief, we had a really easy going dynamic. Sometimes we just have to get things out there right?
Elizabeth, Reynold, Dean and 2 others liked this

Rocker

• Jury
By Aurora
Group Custom Posts Custom
Rocker wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:44:54 pm Some time has passed now since I pretended to be Stranded™ in French Polynesia with 23 god forsaken strangers on the internet. It’s now 2026, and the cast has agreed to meet up all in one central location, some outdoor walking art museum with a fancy enough bar and restaurant centrally located. Anytown, USA. I’m an early arrival and my nerves are at end but I wait in my vehicle until exactly 18 minutes after the agreed upon start time, as to not seem socially desperate. From 100 yards away I can see Reynold and Liz arguing on the steps outside the bar. I couldn’t make their wedding a few years back due to work, but was dispirited to hear of the subsequent divorce. I’m a lot of things but I’m a big softy and fan of romance and true love, I was really routing for those kids. I heard they are back banging sometimes, and Reynold seems a decent enough step-father figure. I saved their last happy Christmas card with the newborn and stepkids. All dressed up like reindeer, but they were holding nugs rather than mistletoe. Too funny. Who can keep up with those two...

“Hey hop”
“Suck rock-man”

-------
Bitter I got no mention... :kiss: :angel:

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Custom Posts Custom
By Rocker
Custom Posts Custom
My life flashes before my eyes. I hear a corked THUD behind my head and it feels like somebody just pulled on my eyebrows. I take a step back to see a dart firmly planted in a BULLSEYE on the wall, I take another step back and see Aurora across the room, chucking darts with reckless abandon.
“AYYYY DONT CROWD THE BOARD ROCKER. I OWN THE INSIDE”

I’m still not sure if she knows what that means. Aurora has an interesting wardrobe choice, a brown plaid carhartt with the sleeves cut off over some biker chick shirt. But also another carhartt button up, this one wrapped around her waist. I ask what that’s all about and she says the second shirt is for “motivation”. Also her squad is going to regionals, dart throwing squad i assume. I’m pleased to learn Aurora has made a decent chunk in life converting moving vans into sustainable housing.

Ofc her wealth is nothing compared to Jessica, who has footed the bill for this entire event. She became more and more eccentric after Stranded, to the point we were concerned she was maybe actually trapped in Tuamotus, but inside her computer. Like Tron. And then Jess won the lottery. $875M lump sum just like that. Biggest in recorded history. Her F you rich girl adventure was to actually buy an island all to herself in the South Pacific, and be the Jeff Probst to her own actual Survivor game. The twist? The players are all her cats. She anonymously uploads the seasons to YouTube and is very proud to boast she now has “half the followers as Survivor: Maryland!!!”. Jess is here tonight, with her current final 3 of Cats on leashes. She’s helping Dr. Love setup the karaoke machine, who has graciously agreed to host the event for these psychos.
Aurora, Elizabeth, Dean and 4 others liked this

Rocker

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom
By Aurora
Group Custom Posts Custom
Rocker wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:43:26 am My life flashes before my eyes. I hear a corked THUD behind my head and it feels like somebody just pulled on my eyebrows. I take a step back to see a dart firmly planted in a BULLSEYE on the wall, I take another step back and see Aurora across the room, chucking darts with reckless abandon.

I’m still not sure if she knows what that means. Aurora has an interesting wardrobe choice, a brown plaid carhartt with the sleeves cut off over some biker chick shirt. But also another carhartt button up, this one wrapped around her waist. I ask what that’s all about and she says the second shirt is for “motivation”. Also her squad is going to regionals, dart throwing squad i assume. I’m pleased to learn Aurora has made a decent chunk in life converting moving vans into sustainable housing.

Ofc her wealth is nothing compared to Jessica, who has footed the bill for this entire event. She became more and more eccentric after Stranded, to the point we were concerned she was maybe actually trapped in Tuamotus, but inside her computer. Like Tron. And then Jess won the lottery. $875M lump sum just like that. Biggest in recorded history. Her F you rich girl adventure was to actually buy an island all to herself in the South Pacific, and be the Jeff Probst to her own actual Survivor game. The twist? The players are all her cats. She anonymously uploads the seasons to YouTube and is very proud to boast she now has “half the followers as Survivor: Maryland!!!”. Jess is here tonight, with her current final 3 of Cats on leashes. She’s helping Dr. Love setup the karaoke machine, who has graciously agreed to host the event for these psychos.
LIVING FOR THIS! Haha I love the not-overtly-homophobic stereotyping of us lady gays. Well done Rocker.

Moving vans (aka uhauls) to sustainable housing (aka portable woodworking and power tool studios)... that idea is not half bad. Look me up in 20 years, you never know. I may have even finished that half built canoe sitting in my living room by then...
Elizabeth, Alexis liked this

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Custom Posts Custom
By Hope
Rocker wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:43:26 am My life flashes before my eyes. I hear a corked THUD behind my head and it feels like somebody just pulled on my eyebrows. I take a step back to see a dart firmly planted in a BULLSEYE on the wall, I take another step back and see Aurora across the room, chucking darts with reckless abandon.

Put me on that island Jess i will destroy you cats with social climbing and challenge prowess :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Hope

• Jury
By Jessica
Group Group Posts
Rocker wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:43:26 am Ofc her wealth is nothing compared to Jessica, who has footed the bill for this entire event. She became more and more eccentric after Stranded, to the point we were concerned she was maybe actually trapped in Tuamotus, but inside her computer. Like Tron. And then Jess won the lottery. $875M lump sum just like that. Biggest in recorded history. Her F you rich girl adventure was to actually buy an island all to herself in the South Pacific, and be the Jeff Probst to her own actual Survivor game. The twist? The players are all her cats. She anonymously uploads the seasons to YouTube and is very proud to boast she now has “half the followers as Survivor: Maryland!!!”. Jess is here tonight, with her current final 3 of Cats on leashes. She’s helping Dr. Love setup the karaoke machine, who has graciously agreed to host the event for these psychos.
Okay but like, this is hilarious! I think Lilo wins FTC, shes such an asshole that the others will happily give her the crown in order to no get bitch slapped.
Aurora liked this

Jessica

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Group Posts
By Rocker
Posts Custom Custom
The night goes on and I see some wild shit. Allie not only sets the world record for defeating peg game (like you find at cracker barrel), but develops emergent strategy as far as all restaurant table waiting games are concerned. She brings her findings to Stephannie and Tai who are tending bar, but is yet again left burned and frustrated. Tai and Stephannie have just returned from competing on the actual The Amazing Race. They were eliminated in 8th place after Tai got sick try to eat the unlimited pizza challenge. A real five hole scenario.

At one point Stephanie walks by and just punches me in the arm, really fucking hard. Maybe the hardest I’ve ever been hit in my life. She spits on the ground as she walks away. I’m still generally clueless about what this means are we friends or what. She’s entering the 30 man woman’s Royal fucking Rumble this coming January, maybe it’s just training.

Hope has flipped some tables upside down and is hiding out in her fort. She calls me over and tosses me a pill bottle. They’re Reynold’s erectile dysfunction pills.
“Let’s put them in ppls drinks LOL” she squeals

It’s a funny thought for me but I drop the pills on the ground when I see I have my moment. Alexis is alone for the first time, I’ll take the chance to catch up in a less guarded environment. Alexis...pretty girl. Big WALL of hair. Face like a frying pan.
“U smell like exhaust” I say as I jump over the back of the bench seat and plop down next to her.
“No I don’t. You are so fucking weird.”
It’s a pretty good convo, we agree that attending games via VR headset is “kinda lame”, and we agree the new expansion team the San Jose Savages is “kinda messed up”. We also agree to get married in 2031 if we’re both still unwed. w/e, the whole thing took like 3 minutes.

Attention breaks back to the stage as Dr. Love introduces our first Karaoke contestants, Shamar and Hannah sing Endless Love while petting the mink the entire time. Garrett is on deck, turns out he is the sweetest and most affable guy ever. EVERYBODY has something kind to say on Garrett. I’ve never felt so immediately comfortable with anyone, what a sweetheart. Apparently he volunteers the majority of his time to help clean up and restore centuries old graveyards. What a guy.
Stephannie, Elizabeth, Hope and 1 others liked this

Rocker

• Jury