[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4287: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Episode 08: I'm Far From a Challenge God! - Stranded in Tuamotus
Final 16! Now that we've culled the herd, it's time to get down to business:

1-There was immunity for sale tonight. Why didn't you buy it? Is there some other thing you're saving all those coins for?

2-One third of the cast has been voted out of the game. Now that we're solidly in the mid portion of season 38, what kind of plans do you have to ensure you make it through the next 8 boots?

3-It's game on, and people are here to PLAY. In modern survivor a lot of people play by the "Meat Shield" strategy and keep a few big targets around in order to hide behind them. Would you consider yourself a big target? or are you hiding behind one?

Alternatively, do you not ascribe to gameplay norms like the meatshield strategy?

Anyways that's all I've got for ya. See you tomorrow!

Danni Boatwright

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Custom Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom
By Matt
1-There was immunity for sale tonight. Why didn't you buy it? Is there some other thing you're saving all those coins for?
I didn't buy it because I gave all my coins to Sherri awhile ago and I didn't think I needed it if we lost. I was thinking maybe it was worth saving coins for more idol clues or for an advantage in a challenge.

2-One third of the cast has been voted out of the game. Now that we're solidly in the mid portion of season 38, what kind of plans do you have to ensure you make it through the next 8 boots?
I know. It's crazy! I think the best plan I can make is staying solid with Sherri, Reynold, Stephannie, and Wardog and hoping I don't get idoled out by Elizabeth or Allie. I need to manage my relationships with the group of 4 and make sure that they don't get swayed. Last round was a mess. I was getting exponentially more sketched out by Jed as the day went on. The 5 solid came together to boot him. I think we should've boot Elizabeth instead, or even just boot Allie to have peace for a bit longer (not sure Elizabeth would've gone for that though). In any event, Sherri didn't want to boot Elizabeth (probably for the meat shield reason) but yikes this is all so risky now. It would've been better to boot the person with the idol and then split votes on Jed and Allie here if we lose tonight (only one could have had an idol vs. now there could be two at play in the group). In any event, it is what it is and it's a mess and I may not make it to merge.

I also want to have it down in my confessional that Missy did not influence my decision to go after Jed last round lol. Liz spreading that around post-council is pretty offensive in the sense that she thinks I could be that influenced by any one player. Also goes along with her just getting to this tribe and saying Wardog needs to go. It's like sis, can I meet him first and make my own judgment?

3-It's game on, and people are here to PLAY. In modern survivor a lot of people play by the "Meat Shield" strategy and keep a few big targets around in order to hide behind them. Would you consider yourself a big target? or are you hiding behind one?
I don't think I was a big target up until last night. I might be one now? Not sure if meat shield is the right word for me, or just an easy person to have votes thrown on by Liz. I can see myself being in trouble a bit if Liz and I are together in any situation. I think the reason Liz didn't get booted last night is for this meat shield reason though, and to set up her as an easy target come a merge.

Alternatively, do you not ascribe to gameplay norms like the meatshield strategy?
I think everyone can be a threat in their own way so I don't think the shield strategy is the only one. I think gameplay norms and strategies can change based on the round, and what players are around in that round.

Matt

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts