[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4287: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Episode 01 - Losers at War - Stranded in Tuamotus
-- 13th Place - 2nd Juror - Voted Out 9-2-1-1 --
By Joaquin Souberbielle
Congratulations on surviving the first night! And no tribal until Sunday...but there is still work to be done.

1. First Impressions - we all have 'em. Who were you excited to see when you got on the beach? Who were you not excited to see? Who did you have no idea existed?

2. More First Impressions - after a night of socializing, who has impressed you? Who do you want to work with? Who do you absolutely not want to work with?

3. Opening Twist - were there any intros from the other tribes' dossier that stood out to you? And do you have any plans for your newly-minted tribe member?

Joaquin Souberbielle

• Host
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Custom Group Custom
By Tai
Group Posts Custom
1. First Impressions - we all have 'em. Who were you excited to see when you got on the beach? Who were you not excited to see? Who did you have no idea existed?

I was excited to see Garrett! It's been four years since we last played, and I know this kid has done a lot of a growing up since, so I will not hold him to his personality I vaguely remember from our season. He did say he plays up his character for his fans, so hopefully I am not caught in that crossfire haha. Although I do feel like people will pair us up together quickly and that might hurt my game. I basically have no idea who everyone else is, so should be a fun game, since Garrett is giving me all the information, he is the biggest asset for me.

2. More First Impressions - after a night of socializing, who has impressed you? Who do you want to work with? Who do you absolutely not want to work with?

I will rank everyone who I like and compare them to a drag race queen. This is also my current trust list.

1. Garrett(Socotra/14th) - Image

He is my number 1 in this game for now. I totally trust him 100% and he is smart. He is already talking game with a lot of people, and I am not even trying.

2. Hannah(Turks and Caicos/15th) - Image

She seems really cool, I enjoy talking with her, and she's self-deprecating. I found out she was a former host so she probably knows a lot of other people's games. She also loves Drag Race.

3. Stephannie(Faroe Islands/12th) - Image
Seems super sweet, has a dog, worried about getting labeled inactive cause she was late to the premiere, I thought that was totally funny. We connected a little on sobriety and being millennials, she's from an earlier season and she might be in the same boat as me.

4. Aurora(Kuril Islands/13th) - Image

Vegan, gay, fun to talk to, and interesting, she knows a bit about my area which is cool.

5. Stephanie(Morroco/12th) - Image

I like her cause she plays games and goes to the gym, Garrett told me she potentially could be tough to work with, but I will make that decision for myself.

6. Jed(Morocco/15th) - Image

He's Canadian, seems to have a dark sense of humor, which I like, got straight to the point. I think he would make a good ally if he is already willing to share some information with me.

7. Jessica(Tanzania/17th) -Image

Seems super nice, love that she worked a cocktail server, only reason why she is this low is because she likes trash board games lol. Don't have too much of a vibe from her yet.

8. Wardog(Kuril Islands/17th) - Image

Politically active, love that he has gotten a better life, one thing that stuck out to me was that he did not want the dossier vote to be totally unanimous, but I don't know why? Seems like he would be a sneaky person.

9. Rocker(Indonesia/17th) - Image

Don't know too much about him, he says he is inexperienced and used to talk shit 10 years ago and that's all he knows.

10. Missy(Tanzania/13th/Removed) - Image

Apparently she got DQed from her season and screwed other people over! She came back for a reason and the host granted her that chance, so she must be something special. I am not going to let other people influence my view about her at all though. That does not mean that I won't vote out her out though cause she might be crazy for cheating.

11. Eddie(Idol) - Image

The troll that came onto our tribe with an idol. Possible first out personally for me cause I want to get rid of that idol asap. I don't know anything about him and have not spoken with him yet.

Also Elizabeth(Tanzania/16th) - Didn't get to talk to her too much

Of course I am the legendary Crystal Methyd

I want to ultimately play with people I enjoy talking to, even if they are not in my alliance, that usually dictates my votes for the most part. I got into a Day 1 alliance with Garrett, we pulled in Hannah, and apparently Garrett added Jessica, Jed, and Aurora, which I don't hate. I like being in a majority.

3. Opening Twist - were there any intros from the other tribes' dossier that stood out to you? And do you have any plans for your newly-minted tribe member?

I actually gave a rating for all them with notes. Now that I saw that this was the challenge, I would have added so much more and been less generic and boring....

#1 - 3.5/5, Average, has somewhat of a personality

#2 - 1/5, Boring with typical answers

#3 - 1.5/5, Eh, has a dog, I like that. Doesn't really go into specifics

#4 - 1/5, I was annoyed that they used pretty too much

#5 -2/5, kinda funny but generic

#6 - 1.5/5, I believe you, but same answers as everyone else

#7 - 1/5, yikes, I was distracted for some reason reading theirs

#8 - 1.5/5, the joke saved it a bit from being not too boring

#9 - 5/5, seems genuine and smart

#10 - 2/5, full point for the Pokemon reference, but typical answers

#11 - 4/5, Funny, has personality, but I'm not sure if I would like playing with him(these notes were written before the swap twist lol)

#12 - 3/5, I like that they are a preschool teacher, sweet although generic, seems real

I would personally like the idol to go out, that's my main thing, I haven't spoken to him yet, but he seems like a rocky character from his dossier. If he has to go out with an idol, so be it, if he uses to save himself, then hopefully I don't get taken from it, but I think I had good social bonds with practically everyone. I definitely want to work with Stephannie and I will try to pull her in. So far, there isn't anyone I would not want to work with, but I do have a negative impression on Missy, but only time will tell if I like talking to her or not.

Tai

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Posts Custom
By Tai
Posts Group Custom
I want to say, please keep me on this tribe, just because I love our mascot. The manta ray is my favorite animal!

Overall for this reward challenge, I am getting 2 apparently. I'm fine with that but part of me feel like someone who has 1, will mess it up and screw someone over by choosing like an 8 or something. I am glad I'm getting 2, if I get my 3 coin that should be fine, but I am hoping someone else screws over a higher number.

I think I am playing this game pretty socially, and people are noticing, which is scary because people see what a social threat I can be, so I might tone down how much I speak to people. I really trust Garrett and Hannah, but I am actually a little weary of Jed and Jessica. Jessica decided the who's who, and she told me that she would randomize it, I don't think its just coincidence that me and Garrett are getting the two lowest numbers. I would actually send to people if given a higher number, but it also puts pressure on Jed to distribute his coins. Jed also pointed out that I came up with this split plan and I am like... anyone could have came up with this plan, but I am sure that put me on his radar. I also got 3rd on my season and everyone else got booted early-mid their season which is a great excuse to vote me. I am not fully trusting of my alliance yet, and I really enjoy talking to Stephannie and Wardog so I have options to flip this vote up and pull together to take out someone else potentially and I don't know if I want to make a big move this early.

Tai

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Group Custom
By Tai
Group Posts Custom
Loveita Adams wrote: Thu Jan 28, 2021 5:37:03 pm Before this game started, we asked everyone to answer 6 questions to be revealed to the opposing tribe. Now is the time to reveal them to you. These castaways will remain anonymous, but pay close attention to their answers. Remember to vote in your confessionals by 9c/10e tonight on which of these castaways you would like to receive a PUBLIC IMMUNITY IDOL. You may talk to your tribemates about your opinions.

For your perusal and discussion, see below for your dossiers on the Pukaroa Tribe members. Click the Spoiler Tags beneath each castaway to read their answers. Enjoy! :kiss:

Spoiler: show
Castaway #1

1. How would you describe your performance in challenges. Strengths/Weaknesses?

I love a puzzle. I love a word game. I love sharing resources. Image tags scare me. Why are hyperlinks a thing? My Apple keys stick. I'm average.

2. How would you describe your strategy in the game?

I'm flirty. I'm fun. I'm gonna have friends and I'm gonna have enemies. I won't lash out until someone strikes me.

3. How loyal would you describe yourself?

I'm loyal. I need a few people to click with. I'm not an island on an island.

4. How competitive are you?

I'm fierce. I'm ready. I see my name in lights. I hear my name being called. The cameras click. My friends kiss me hi. My enemies wave bye. I'll work for it but I'm not a hater.

5. How well do you work with others?

I'm a team player. I work for the group. I give back rubs. I do braids. I paint toe nails. I collect shells and coconuts. Helping others helps me.

6. Is there anything you would like the other tribe to know about you that you haven’t mentioned?

I'm nice. I'm a hustler. I'm ready to have some fun!
Castaway #2

I'm not the absolute best at challenges, but it would be too quick for me to assume my capability when we haven't assessed yet. Strengths are definitely social skills, the ability to make bonds easily and unify a team.

Being loyal, making excellent bonds, observing and being analytical.

I am a loyal player to the very end. I love my people. I'm not going to just up and back-stab somebody out of the blue. That's not my style. I am not the person to turn my back on someone unless they have given me a valid reason and laid out that particular outcome for themself.

6. Is there anything you would like the other tribe to know about you that you haven’t mentioned?

I'm coming into this game with an open perspective, I truly want to make friends because I believe exceptional players have the ability to bond beyond the "game" level.
Castaway #3

I am able to see the bigger picture when looking at something, I don't get lost in the details and I am able to see what a challenge "wants" from me. My weakness is being able to really get everyone on the same page as me, while I can make far strides in the grunt work, I can lose my voice because I am working hard.

My strategy is to show loyalty and honesty to those that show it back to me. Bonds are what take people far in this game and you cannot win if you hurt everyone in the way.

I am as loyal as I can be. I don't mind putting myself in danger for another person, if I know that they'd do the same for me.

very. It's one of my biggest strengths and weaknesses. I like to play and I like to do well. I'm fortunate that I'm not a sore loser, but I'm always going to do my best.

I like to work with others. I am a friendly and social person. If I can make a new connection, it makes me feel happy. Sometimes I think a Golden Retriever is my spirit animal.

I've had many different life experiences, and I promise that a conversation with me is never boring.
Castaway #4

I feel like I'm a pretty solid challenge competitor. I'm not a beast by any means but I think I do a pretty good job at keeping up in most challenges. I feel like I'm pretty strong at things like mazes or spot the differences but don't put me anywhere near a math challenge. That's a no go.

My strategy is to build bonds early that will help secure me for long term success. I put a big emphasis on the social game so my strategy really hinges on the relationships I make.

I'd say I'm a very loyal person. I mean, there's no way you can be loyal to everyone but those I really trust can definitely rely on me.

I am extremely competitive. No one likes to lose and I don't make a habit of it.

I'd say I work very well with others. I don't engage in too many fights or arguments, people just need to chill out sometimes. I can help them do that.

I'm a total sweetheart but not to be underestimated.
Castaway #5

I'm OK at challenges. It really depends what the challenge is, though. I'm good at trivia challenges, flash games (RIP). Bad at posting endurance kind of challenges and anything requiring math of any sort.

Cautious. Social.

Extremely, probably to a fault because usually my demise is a result of me trusting someone too much. I like to see the good in people and forget that they can lie to me in these games and it's absolutely warranted to do so.

“I don’t have a gambling problem I have a competitiveness problem.”

Very. While I am competitive and just quoted Michael Jordan, I'm very good at working with other people--probably one of my biggest strengths. But I am also not afraid to tell someone their idea is bad.

I'm never going to judge someone solely based on a first impression and I have a short-term memory when necessary.
Castaway #6

I'm the type to fall under pressure so my performance in the challenges will probably be terrible. A strength of mine is pulling through at the last minute. Weakness is crumbling under pressure especially when others are relying on me for their safety on this island.

Truthfully, I'm not a cunning strategist so I don't have much to describe.

100% loyal if you betray me you're dead to me. I never go behind peoples back or anything like that. Because I don't want that done to me.

For someone who falls under pressure I'm competitive. I want to always be the best in the room. When it comes to looks, money, and skill

I work pretty well with others. I'm outgoing and I also know how to tell someone whatever they wanna hear. I think that makes me great to work with.

No, but I seriously can't wait to get to know everybody. It's gonna be fucking epic yall
Castaway #7

in other orgs i played before this i was not good at challenges. maybe the games here will be different but challenges arent what i like about orgs.

make friends. find the right people to work with. and try to think about things a lot.

very loyal in real life. Very loyal to who i have a strong bond with. Try very hard to play a truthful game and stay outta drama and trouble.

don't wanna be a loser but my personality is not very competitive. I rather work with others for the greater good. But that's not how survivor works. :D

It depends on what we're working on. I think I get along with most people. some folks don't like me but that's their fault not mine.

I am saved through Jesus Christ and I hope you are too. :)
Castaway #8

Strengths : Puzzles, Endurance, Posting, Teamworking, Speed.
Weaknesses : Trivias, Word Challenges.

Be aware of where I stand in the game, and take action from there. Either build my way up on the totem pole, or protect my good rank if I have one.

I will be loyal to you as long as I feel like you're working with me. I don't cut allies just for the heck of building a resume. There needs to be serious justification.

Very. I will not just lay down my torch for you. Come get me yourself.

Well. I like cooperating more than average.

Please pick me to join your tribe or send me idols. They wanna vote me out already. Joking.
Castaway #9

I feel like my challenge performance level will vary from round to round based off what is thrown my way. Puzzles and things of that nature are not really in my wheel house, but things like trivia, logic puzzles, word unscrambles, etc I can excel at.

My strategy in this game is to utilize my (sometimes) superior social skills to get to know people very early on. That means rarely talking game with them so I dont come off fake. I will also do my best to come off wholesome and open minded(both are very much true). Once the mid game starts, I will have to change it up a little bit to get the "social threat" target off of my back but still take advantage of some of those solid bonds from the beginning.

I would describe myself as very loyal for the most part. When I tell someone im with them, its normally the trust. If I feel like I will eventually have to cut them off, I will obviously have to pick my words wisely. One thing I will say is if I feel Im being bullshitted with, I have no qualms with bullshitting to them.

I am extremely competitive. "I hate losing. I hate it. I hate losing more than I love Winning"........having said that, I am also not a bitter person. If I get beat.....Ill always chalk that up to the person besting me. Cant hate someones game.

I work great with others, especially when that group consists of people who may not like each other, Im the proverbial mediator(thanks Myers Briggs!)

Uhhh........I like eggs? Other than that, nothing off the top of my head.
Castaway #10

My challenge strengths would likely be dexterity/obstacle course based, which I firmly believe will come in handy on a virtual survivor game.

My strategy would be to maintain as many options as possible.

I do not plan on betraying someone unless I have a good reason for it.

My competitiveness scales with my familiarity with my situation: if I don't know what I'm doing then I don't care how well I do and will make the most of the situation.

I can maintain polite relationships with people who I'm openly adversarial towards.

Charizard is the best starter Pokemon.
Castaway #11

weknesses but I can be lucky . I follow what's my tarot cards said

lets be friends but remember that I won't trust anybody

300 porcent loyal

100000 porcent competitive

Love to work as team but let me tell U that I can be bossier.

Looking for the love of my life. Tinder didn't work for me.
Castaway #12

I am probably not the best in competitions LOL but I always put my 100% in them. My one weakness in comps is for sure PUZZLES!!! Literally, puzzles are the devil. It takes me YEARS to get them done.

To be honest, my strategy for right now is to just go with the flow. I think once the game actually gets going, it'll allow me to kinda rethink how I'm going to approach the game, but def one thing I know for sure is I wanna be very social, make myself seem useful to my tribe, and last but not least, not be annoying (LOL), because we all know in Survivor, if you're annoying, you are usually one of the first boots. Lol

I am a very loyal person and I'm also a very trusting person, which in this game can be a bad thing because you never know if you're getting played or if a person is being sincere. I trust way too much and it's something that I gotta push back on because I ALWAYS come across snakes that I thought would have my back. This time around, I really need to be cautious on who I trust. Let's hope I can do that hahaha.

I am a pretty competitive person. I know I said I suck at comps, but if I lose, I do get pretty upset with myself.

I can work well with just about anybody, even people who I may have beef with. I'm the type of person that is willing to put negativity behind so we can accomplish a goal!

I am a preschool teacher so I have A LOT of patience, and it takes a lot to get me down lol.

Tai

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Posts Custom
By Tai
Posts Group Custom
Jessica wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 9:21:28 pm Not participating:
Rocker
Hannah
Eddy
Stephannie

Taking 1 coin: Missy
Stephanie will transfer 2 coins

Taking 2 coins: Tai
Jessica will transfer 1 coin

Taking 3 coins: Garrett
Will not transfer or receive any coins

Taking 4 coins: Jessica
Will transfer 1 coin to Tai

Taking 5 coins: Stephanie
Will transfer 2 coins to Missy

Taking 6 coins: Wardog
Will transfer 3 coins to Rocker

Taking 7 coins: Aurora
Will transfer 3 coins to Hannah & 1 coin to Eddie

Taking 8 coins: Jed
Will transfer 3 coins to Stephannie & 2 coins to Eddie

Everyone should end with 3 coins, and remember we will know if you don't transfer your coins!

Tai

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Group Custom