[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4287: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Day 31 - Live Final Tribal Council - Page 8 - Stranded in Tuamotus
By Jessica
Group Group Posts
Michael wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:10:52 pm
Hope wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:03:56 pm
Michael wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:01:26 pm

haha. I'd say I was a 4.5. When i'd talk about people in my real life, i'd change names. I think I can come off as a bit cold sometimes, a bit blunt sometimes, and a bit cocky at times. But I also think I care deeply for those that care about me. My love runs deep with those who dive.

If I was playing this game completely on strategy, Jessica would be at the finals with me. But I chose to tie it with Matt (without anyone else telling me to do that, Matt infact gave me the okay to vote him out if I wanted.) because I wouldn't feel comfortable giving someone who had always been a friend to me and never hurt me 4th place. I wanted to at least give him a fighting chance to make it to the end.

While I do really truly like Jessica as a person, it would have felt wrong for me to NOT give Matt the chance.
It's just so weird to all of a sudden play Honor, Integrity, Loyalty at final four, a spot where you should make the most strategic decisions to corner a potential win, after playing a game that didn't have much of those components to begin with. Just saying lol. Feels a little like #MattsBitch here tbh :rofl: because I think we both know he was going to cut you at four.
lol no. I made my own choices because I felt like they were the ones that were truest to who I am as a person.

I would have never fucked over Aurora, but she went for me first. I would have let Alexis for deeper than she had any right to for my own gameplay, but she broke our trust first. I would have taken Jessica as my partner to the end, but she broke my trust multiple times.

I was always loyal to them before they went after me. After those moments, I saw them as players and friends, but not a requirement for me to watch out for, because they weren't doing that for me.
I commend loyalty, but you do realize this is a game right? I went after you because, wait for it..... you were a threat. I'm not sure what it's going to take for you to realize that.
Hope liked this

Jessica

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Group Posts
By Michael
Rocker wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:58:15 pm Hey Final 3 👋. I think you’ve all done great in your answers.

Who’s vote do you think you have? Who’s vote do you think the other 2 finalists definitely have?
I hope I have Alexis's vote.

obviously I 100% have Reynolds vote. :100:

I think Matt may have Hope's vote

I think Sherri is doing pretty well for herself tonight.
Reynold, Rocker liked this

Michael

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By Sherri
Shamar wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:03:11 pm @Sherri @Michael @Matt last question from me(good luck with the rest of these folks).......I am a very perceptive person in life, and as much of a shock as it is to people here.....I was very perceptive in this game. I knew how I was looked at long before Touchy Subjects, and it’s how I chose to portray myself in this season instead of the overly agitated guy who got pissed because the cool kids didn’t wanna be friends with him. I also knew that one of you specifically were gonna be sitting at the end and here that person is. I love being right! Anyway, my vote is technically still up for grabs(even though I’m heavily leaning towards who I thought would be at the end)......so my question is: Name one of these strategic sociopaths sitting on the jury that you thought had the best chance of winning when we hit merge. Be honest
I felt Jessica was always the big vet name to me so I'll choose her!
Shamar, Jessica liked this

Sherri

• Alumni
By Hope
Sherri wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:13:39 pm
Shamar wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:03:11 pm @Sherri @Michael @Matt last question from me(good luck with the rest of these folks).......I am a very perceptive person in life, and as much of a shock as it is to people here.....I was very perceptive in this game. I knew how I was looked at long before Touchy Subjects, and it’s how I chose to portray myself in this season instead of the overly agitated guy who got pissed because the cool kids didn’t wanna be friends with him. I also knew that one of you specifically were gonna be sitting at the end and here that person is. I love being right! Anyway, my vote is technically still up for grabs(even though I’m heavily leaning towards who I thought would be at the end)......so my question is: Name one of these strategic sociopaths sitting on the jury that you thought had the best chance of winning when we hit merge. Be honest
Not the terrible reads coming out :sob: :sob: Come on are you serious Sherri, no offense to Jess at all but she was not going to win this game.

Hope

• Jury
By Michael
Jessica wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:12:59 pm
Michael wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:10:52 pm
Hope wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:03:56 pm

It's just so weird to all of a sudden play Honor, Integrity, Loyalty at final four, a spot where you should make the most strategic decisions to corner a potential win, after playing a game that didn't have much of those components to begin with. Just saying lol. Feels a little like #MattsBitch here tbh :rofl: because I think we both know he was going to cut you at four.
lol no. I made my own choices because I felt like they were the ones that were truest to who I am as a person.

I would have never fucked over Aurora, but she went for me first. I would have let Alexis for deeper than she had any right to for my own gameplay, but she broke our trust first. I would have taken Jessica as my partner to the end, but she broke my trust multiple times.

I was always loyal to them before they went after me. After those moments, I saw them as players and friends, but not a requirement for me to watch out for, because they weren't doing that for me.
I commend loyalty, but you do realize this is a game right? I went after you because, wait for it..... you were a threat. I'm not sure what it's going to take for you to realize that.
Sure, I understand that. Sadly i'm not as much of a gamebot as I think a few people may think I am. I play to have fun and make friends, and if I win that's a bonus. I play hard, of course, but I still follow my heart with the moves I make.

Michael

• Alumni
By Jessica
Group Group Posts
Hope wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:15:30 pm
Not the terrible reads coming out :sob: :sob: Come on are you serious Sherri, no offense to Jess at all but she was not going to win this game.
Oof...... :wink:
Hope, Shamar, Reynold and 1 others liked this

Jessica

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Group Posts
By Matt
Aurora wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:12:55 pm
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:06:45 pm
Aurora wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:55:37 pm This is a little slow, so I'll bite. And I'll ask a real question this time.

I am SUPER interested in what Loveita is going to learn from her recent dissertation research on Stranded. I am very excited to see what correlations she will be able to draw.

Here is an excerpt from the study:

We are doing this study to find out how personality relates to a variety of strategies in the game, Stranded. . . . We study a variety of personality traits and their impact on certain outcomes within certain situations. Benefits of research cannot be guaranteed but we hope to learn which types of everyday personalities are linked with success in the game and how that might relate to other contexts. . . . we are interested in things like honesty, humility, and kindness in a business context.

So tell me, what "everyday personalities" are linked to your success? List one or five, doesn't matter. Some sort of explanation would be helpful.
Thanks Aurora! I really like this warmth/competence scale from Amy Cuddy and colleagues. The idea is that most personalities can be defined by this 2x2 quadrant with warm/cold and competent/incompetent. I think Sherri came off as warm and competent here. I think I came off as probably cold and middle competent/incompetent. And similar for Michael.

I'd want to know how success is defined for the everyday. If we're talking the business context, would that be money for the business? Popularity of the business? Etc. Also correlation doesn't equal causation so that's why I asked about success as the DV. But usually warm/competent personalities do well and sometimes cold/competent personalities do well too.
Thanks, I appreciate the nod to Amy Cuddy, et. al.

I was asking your thoughts on basically the premise of the study, which is what kind of basic/commonplace personality traits equal success in the game. So, the success I was referring to was basically getting to the final 3.
Ohh okay thanks for the clarification. I think the everyday personality traits to get to the final 3 that I exhibited included: earnest, manipulative, sociopathic, both warm and cold so mercurial
Aurora liked this

Matt

• Alumni
By Sherri
Well when we hit the merge, it was the first time that I ever met her! I was only going off on what I heard and I thought she was a strong player.

Sherri

• Alumni
By Hope
Jessica wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:16:08 pm
Oof...... :wink:
Sorry Jess, with peace and love! I was thinking of voting ya just for the hell of it had you made it cuz I appreciated the ride or dieness we had especially towards the end.
Jessica liked this

Hope

• Jury
By Michael
Elizabeth if one or two more things went her way.
Shamar, Elizabeth liked this

Michael

• Alumni
By Hope
Shamar wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:17:38 pm Like I said Jess.....sociopaths.
i can't be a sociopath if i majored in sociology :curious: or maybe that's why i studied sociology so i can understand how to understand people... cuz like i totally know how to do that... hahaha right guys.... funny laugh ...... :rofl: :rofl: :speakno:

Hope

• Jury
By Rocker
Custom Custom Posts
Rocker wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:19:44 pm Bonus point to Matt for being the only one to take a stab at a full vote rundown!

It’s been real yall 🍿
love all of u equal tho k c u 2mrw bye

:crown:

Rocker

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts
By Michael
Jury,

Thank you for asking me questions and listening to what I had to say. I think that throughout the game there have been many different Michaels that you've all seen. I have been a hero at points, a villain at points, a friend, and an enemy. But I always played this game with my heart and my head moving hand in hand.

I hope when you vote, you think of how much adversity and different styles of play I had to use to get myself to the end. I had to use every resource available to me and work my nipples off to get where I am now.

After the game, I can't wait to talk to you all! :heart:
Stephannie, Reynold, Elizabeth and 4 others liked this

Michael

• Alumni