[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4287: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Ongoing Game Commentary - Page 33 - Stranded in Tuamotus
By Jessica
Posts Group Group
Allie wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:32:51 pm
Jessica wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:29:41 pm I’ve gotten Sherri’s and Matt’s... I’m having a hard time with Michael.
I'm not telling you what to ask, only a suggestion if you truly have no idea, but you could always question about this comment :
Jessica decided that it was okay to backstab me and break our friendship.
I really don’t know if I want to even ask a question. I may just make a statement. But that is a great quote to bring up in my statement. I’m deciding how nice I want to be.
Allie, Stephannie, Reynold liked this

Jessica

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Group Group
By Alexis
Matt def brought the self-awareness I was looking for, and tbh he seems to be the most perceptive and have the best holistic perspective on what went down each round.

I still just have a sour taste in my mouth about how he handled my entire relationship--I feel quite used by him as it's clear from reading his statement that I was not in his plans at all from the beginning of the game. But I suppose we open ourselves up to this kind of thing when we sign up to play these. It still feels bad, though.
Aurora, Stephannie, Hope liked this

Alexis

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Alexis
Alexis wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 4:54:34 pm Matt def brought the self-awareness I was looking for, and tbh he seems to be the most perceptive and have the best holistic perspective on what went down each round.

I still just have a sour taste in my mouth about how he handled my entire relationship--I feel quite used by him as it's clear from reading his statement that I was not in his plans at all from the beginning of the game. But I suppose we open ourselves up to this kind of thing when we sign up to play these. It still feels bad, though.
He cited me not whispering to him as me unintentionally signaling that I didn't prioritize him, but it was exactly the opposite--I didn't want to advertise that I was close to him. Kinda sucks that this got interpreted this way, but what can ya do?

Alexis

• Jury
By Rocker
Custom Posts Custom
I really liked Matt's statement and he went way up in my book. Possibly ahead of Sherri. I struggled by far the most with him socially bc he felt "completely full of shit" to me, and I took the cheeziness of his efforts (no doubt I was never very high on his list) as kind of threatening. If he could muster up that effort with me, he must have been doing great with players who were much more amiable. If I tried harder with him maybe I could have been lucky enough to have been a cog in a plan or 2 of his :|
Alexis, Hope liked this

Rocker

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom
By Alexis
Rocker wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:05:59 pm I really liked Matt's statement and he went way up in my book. Possibly ahead of Sherri. I struggled by far the most with him socially bc he felt "completely full of shit" to me, and I took the cheeziness of his efforts (no doubt I was never very high on his list) as kind of threatening. If he could muster up that effort with me, he must have been doing great with players who were much more amiable. If I tried harder with him maybe I could have been lucky enough to have been a cog in a plan or 2 of his :|
Yeah I must have been too blind to see this because I started with him day one.

Alexis

• Jury
By Rocker
Posts Custom Custom
^post 420 baby

also I struggled to separate from the matt avatar too, it's so _______. Of all people I know better that's not fair, but still :puke emoji:
Aurora liked this

Rocker

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom
By Alexis
Rocker wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 5:07:38 pm ^post 420 baby

also I struggled to separate from the matt avatar too, it's so _______. Of all people I know better that's not fair, but still :puke emoji:
That merge avatar...I will be fine never seeing that beard EVER again.
Hope liked this

Alexis

• Jury
By Aurora
Custom Custom Posts Group
My basic run down on speeches:

Mike - He still sounds condescending in a slippery, devious kind of way. I felt this way the very first time I met him, and it’s still there when I read this. He is absolutely right that he helped me on the Hannah vote, no doubt, but even in moments where I had to trust him, it always felt like it came with a smile that hid disingenuity. Mike’s speech wasn’t bad, but unlike either Sherri or Matt’s speech, it just felt kinda icky.

Sherri - I really enjoyed her final speech. She opened with a laugh and while she made a solid case for herself, she kept it light. She acknowledged her weaknesses, but I think she should have to explain them a bit more. With thoughtful answers to these concerns, she will be tough to bear. And frankly, the girl knows the way to my heart—unadulterated flattery. Can’t argue with hot Aurora. 😉

Matt - I am very happy to see his self-awareness as others have mentioned. And while the vote by vote breakdown explained his strategic game, it also felt like he’s reaching. Now, that’s not really a fair criticism because he must reach to win. He has to show us why UTR and rolling in the middle is worth a win. But doing so doesn’t exude a winner’s attitude. The overall impression is, ironically, “gamebotty.”
Alexis liked this

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Custom Posts Group
By Reynold
@Jessica

eh mine was meaner to michael probably, I just ignored matt because he's not even worth the statements at this point. No chance of getting my vote
Elizabeth liked this

Reynold

• Jury
By Jessica
Posts Group Group
Reynold wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:25:09 pm @Jessica

eh mine was meaner to michael probably, I just ignored matt because he's not even worth the statements at this point. No chance of getting my vote
I could have been much worse but I decided that the sass made up for it and he should get the point.
Reynold liked this

Jessica

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Group Group