[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4287: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Day 31 - Live Final Tribal Council - Page 7 - Stranded in Tuamotus
By Reynold
and if we were so close why was I creating group chats and never added to them when all of you, my "allies" were in them without me

nah
fuck outta here

I'ma smoke by bowl and relax, take the floor now. I'm done with my statements.

Reynold

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Alexis
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:58:58 pm
Reynold wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:57:17 pm Nah dude, I called you shady on day two and I meant it. I've been trying to get along with you since the beginning and you've made it very hard. You're harsh and no wonder you're so up these two dudes asses, you're just like them and you're just as full of yourself LOL. I'm delusional because I tried to set something up and you two came in with a different energy after we were already in a group chat to begin with before the switch? You definitely were giving me "I don't want to work with you vibes" even though I was joking and trying my best with you. I thought michael was legit to me until like the last 2 hours, which I said he was shady, (which matt knew) and I was stating: IF THESE TWO ran this game together, like they said they did, so strongly, why did they not communicate/know much about this vote? It doesn't add up.
There are a bunch of assumptions here. I never said I ran the game with Michael?
I think he was talking to me? :woozy: :woozy: :woozy:
Matt liked this

Alexis

• Jury
By Michael
Shamar wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:45:15 pm Hey y’all. It’s been fun watching the back and forths and all that. I’m gonna ask a follow up question from my original question and I apologize if it’s repetitive. So I’ve often said that people that play these games strictly strategically are probably borderline sociopaths(no offense to any sociopaths 🙄). I respect social game above all else. If you had to give a number between 1-5 of how much of your “real self” whether good or bad was in this game, what would you say? @Michael @Matt @Sherri
haha. I'd say I was a 4.5. When i'd talk about people in my real life, i'd change names. I think I can come off as a bit cold sometimes, a bit blunt sometimes, and a bit cocky at times. But I also think I care deeply for those that care about me. My love runs deep with those who dive.

If I was playing this game completely on strategy, Jessica would be at the finals with me. But I chose to tie it with Matt (without anyone else telling me to do that, Matt infact gave me the okay to vote him out if I wanted.) because I wouldn't feel comfortable giving someone who had always been a friend to me and never hurt me 4th place. I wanted to at least give him a fighting chance to make it to the end.

While I do really truly like Jessica as a person, it would have felt wrong for me to NOT give Matt the chance.
Matt liked this

Michael

• Alumni
By Matt
Rocker wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:58:15 pm Hey Final 3 👋. I think you’ve all done great in your answers.

Who’s vote do you think you have? Who’s vote do you think the other 2 finalists definitely have?
Thanks Rocker! It's hard to read the tea leaves but...

I think Liz, Reynold, Allie, Shamar, and Aurora are voting for Sherri. Possibly you too.
I think Hope might vote me.
I think Alexis might vote Michael.
I think Steph and Jessica's votes are a bit up in the air. Hard to tell with Tai for me too.
Hope liked this

Matt

• Alumni
By Michael
Hope wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:50:00 pm
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:48:35 pm
Reynold wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:47:08 pm y'all damn sure voted for me/know about it at the end but couldn't at least give a heads up or matt, you could have warned sherri since you found out at the very end. She had 2 idols, y'all know damn well they were going to flush that idol. Don't play stupid with me.
Reynold I seriously had no idea this was happening lmao. You should ask Alexis and Hope about it and when they made the plan. I was not included.
Unless Mike said anything to Matt about then I have no idea because I know I never included Matt on the plan.
I didn't. But I explained what happened after.
Hope liked this

Michael

• Alumni
By Jessica
Group Posts Group
Michael wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:54:56 pm
Jessica wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:42:43 pm
Jessica wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:28:59 pm I have a question for Michael

You made sure to bring up trust a lot in your response to me, yet you never told me about this duo with Matt that was supposedly going on the entire game. So why are you holding me to a different standard with being 100% with you when you weren’t 100% with me?
@Michael, just in case you didn't see this!
Thanks, I seemed to have passed it.

I don't think I was really hiding my relationship with Matt with you at first. You knew that I was working with him before we swapped and that we had a relationship. The reason I never went into more detail with my relationship with Matt is because you started that first week with lying to me when we were getting to know each other.

The whole "I know Shamar's partner has the idol, but I don't know who his partner is" thing that happened that first week. It really made me feel a bit more apprehensive for awhile. Then his partnership with me wasn't really on the front of my mind on Te Poto since we weren't together anymore, and I wasn't 100% sure what our relationship was going to be after we merged. I knew that you'd get real shaky with me again if I told you how close I was with him, because you tended to get shaky with me about a lot of things, so I was waiting while on Te Poto before I even said anything.

once we merged, I had to feel him up before I knew where we stood, and his relationship to me wasn't really impacting the game much when it came in regards to you. Then once I heard you were getting super close with Hope and not talking to me about it I didn't feel comfortable telling you about how my relationship with him because I knew you still didn't trust me. I needed that extra ear to make sure I knew what was happening. If I ever felt like you were comfortable with me at the start, I would have told you.

Because I really wanted to be your partner and crush the game together. But one of the first bits of us sharing information was you lying to me about what you knew. While you were always in my inner circle, I knew I needed to keep that relationship away from you if you ever decided to lie to me again.
Either your reads aren't as good as you think they are, or you're just making excuses. I shared the below from my confessionals from the second swap with the jury yesterday. I did trust you, fully for awhile, especially on Te Poto 3.0. You didn't tell me about Matt because it could have hurt your game. I get it. But please don't hold me to a standard that you yourself are unable to reach.

Michael: according to my research, Michael and I are the only partners that got swapped together! We are pretty close and I think that he can be good for my game going forward. We tend to be on the same page which is good. We also have this potential alliance Liz and Alexis if all 4 of us can survive. Michael is someone I trust.. he's probably my #1 right now on this tribe and #2 only behind Liz in the game. I see him more than just a number for me, I can see him as someone who will contribute to the decisions and will fight for me. I don't think he is playing me... he has tried too hard to earn my trust and has given me a lot of information. But yes, I love him and am excited to play this game wit him!

Jessica

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Posts Group
By Shamar
@Sherri @Michael @Matt last question from me(good luck with the rest of these folks).......I am a very perceptive person in life, and as much of a shock as it is to people here.....I was very perceptive in this game. I knew how I was looked at long before Touchy Subjects, and it’s how I chose to portray myself in this season instead of the overly agitated guy who got pissed because the cool kids didn’t wanna be friends with him. I also knew that one of you specifically were gonna be sitting at the end and here that person is. I love being right! Anyway, my vote is technically still up for grabs(even though I’m heavily leaning towards who I thought would be at the end)......so my question is: Name one of these strategic sociopaths sitting on the jury that you thought had the best chance of winning when we hit merge. Be honest
Hope, Stephannie, Jessica and 1 others liked this

Shamar

• Jury
By Hope
Michael wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:01:26 pm
Shamar wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:45:15 pm Hey y’all. It’s been fun watching the back and forths and all that. I’m gonna ask a follow up question from my original question and I apologize if it’s repetitive. So I’ve often said that people that play these games strictly strategically are probably borderline sociopaths(no offense to any sociopaths 🙄). I respect social game above all else. If you had to give a number between 1-5 of how much of your “real self” whether good or bad was in this game, what would you say? @Michael @Matt @Sherri
haha. I'd say I was a 4.5. When i'd talk about people in my real life, i'd change names. I think I can come off as a bit cold sometimes, a bit blunt sometimes, and a bit cocky at times. But I also think I care deeply for those that care about me. My love runs deep with those who dive.

If I was playing this game completely on strategy, Jessica would be at the finals with me. But I chose to tie it with Matt (without anyone else telling me to do that, Matt infact gave me the okay to vote him out if I wanted.) because I wouldn't feel comfortable giving someone who had always been a friend to me and never hurt me 4th place. I wanted to at least give him a fighting chance to make it to the end.

While I do really truly like Jessica as a person, it would have felt wrong for me to NOT give Matt the chance.
It's just so weird to all of a sudden play Honor, Integrity, Loyalty at final four, a spot where you should make the most strategic decisions to corner a potential win, after playing a game that didn't have much of those components to begin with. Just saying lol. Feels a little like #MattsBitch here tbh :rofl: because I think we both know he was going to cut you at four.
Jessica, Matt liked this

Hope

• Jury
By Reynold
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Day 39. Ponderosa. The FTC. Just had to let one last fat cunt out before I said goodbye. Handing in my torch. Glorious days. I remember when me and liz first reunited, I thought she was going to smack me in the face........well she did but,, then she took me away with her gaze, and it was all over. She whispered in my ear, after this is over: "We're going to hollywood and we're never going back baby"

the end

everyone wish well to the newly weds!

Reynold

• Jury
By Matt
Aurora wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:55:37 pm This is a little slow, so I'll bite. And I'll ask a real question this time.

I am SUPER interested in what Loveita is going to learn from her recent dissertation research on Stranded. I am very excited to see what correlations she will be able to draw.

Here is an excerpt from the study:

We are doing this study to find out how personality relates to a variety of strategies in the game, Stranded. . . . We study a variety of personality traits and their impact on certain outcomes within certain situations. Benefits of research cannot be guaranteed but we hope to learn which types of everyday personalities are linked with success in the game and how that might relate to other contexts. . . . we are interested in things like honesty, humility, and kindness in a business context.

So tell me, what "everyday personalities" are linked to your success? List one or five, doesn't matter. Some sort of explanation would be helpful.
Thanks Aurora! I really like this warmth/competence scale from Amy Cuddy and colleagues. The idea is that most personalities can be defined by this 2x2 quadrant with warm/cold and competent/incompetent. I think Sherri came off as warm and competent here. I think I came off as probably cold and middle competent/incompetent. And similar for Michael.

I'd want to know how success is defined for the everyday. If we're talking the business context, would that be money for the business? Popularity of the business? Etc. Also correlation doesn't equal causation so that's why I asked about success as the DV. But usually warm/competent personalities do well and sometimes cold/competent personalities do well too.

Matt

• Alumni
By Michael
Aurora wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:55:37 pm This is a little slow, so I'll bite. And I'll ask a real question this time.

I am SUPER interested in what Loveita is going to learn from her recent dissertation research on Stranded. I am very excited to see what correlations she will be able to draw.

We are doing this study to find out how personality relates to a variety of strategies in the game, Stranded. . . . We study a variety of personality traits and their impact on certain outcomes within certain situations. Benefits of research cannot be guaranteed but we hope to learn which types of everyday personalities are linked with success in the game and how that might relate to other contexts. . . . we are interested in things like honesty, humility, and kindness in a business context.

So tell me, what "everyday personalities" are linked to your success? List one or five, doesn't matter. Some sort of explanation would be helpful.
flexibility, loyalty, and adaptability. I was always very flexible with what plans were going on and being able to try and adapt the new situations around me. I was always loyal to those that were loyal to me. If someone broke from me, I felt like I didn't owe them anything anymore, even if I was willing to work with them after.
Aurora liked this

Michael

• Alumni
By Matt
Shamar wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:03:11 pm @Sherri @Michael @Matt last question from me(good luck with the rest of these folks).......I am a very perceptive person in life, and as much of a shock as it is to people here.....I was very perceptive in this game. I knew how I was looked at long before Touchy Subjects, and it’s how I chose to portray myself in this season instead of the overly agitated guy who got pissed because the cool kids didn’t wanna be friends with him. I also knew that one of you specifically were gonna be sitting at the end and here that person is. I love being right! Anyway, my vote is technically still up for grabs(even though I’m heavily leaning towards who I thought would be at the end)......so my question is: Name one of these strategic sociopaths sitting on the jury that you thought had the best chance of winning when we hit merge. Be honest
Thanks Shamar. I think Aurora.
Shamar, Aurora liked this

Matt

• Alumni
By Sherri

Loveita out here with the brains! This is a truly interesting and Stranded sounds like the perfect thing to really dissect and get into for sure. I definitely think there are a few that I feel represent my success but I'm going to focus on one that's not as outwardly important in humility.

So on first thought, I don't think humility is like a number one ticket to the end but it was something important for me personally. I really try to stay grounded as much as I can. Throughout this game, I was considering what I was doing and how I was playing and I don't think I was ever like 'omg I got this, this game is mine, I'm owning this'. It's usually quite the opposite in that I second guess myself and become unsure. Humility becomes a double edged sword in that way sometimes in that I don't realize my full potential, but for the most part it keeps me focussed and calm.

In a game sense, the humility helped me stay on track and play my game as I wanted to play it. I feel like without humility, I would be all over the place. I'd think I was really owning shit, that I was unstoppable and I'd act almost like a steam train just rushing through this game. I feel like that can really be people's downfalls at times because without humility, they think they're invincible.

Baaaaaaaack to it, but humility is linked to my success because it kept me level headed, kept me questioning the game, questioning other players and always thinking about what I should be doing. Without it, my head would be as big as a whale and I'd be blind to the game and other people. It keeps me cool, it keeps me sane, it keeps me chill.

This was actually kind of tough to answer so I hope this is okay! There's so much we could go into with Loveita's work.
Aurora liked this

Sherri

• Alumni
By Michael
Hope wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:03:56 pm
Michael wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:01:26 pm

It's just so weird to all of a sudden play Honor, Integrity, Loyalty at final four, a spot where you should make the most strategic decisions to corner a potential win, after playing a game that didn't have much of those components to begin with. Just saying lol. Feels a little like #MattsBitch here tbh :rofl: because I think we both know he was going to cut you at four.
lol no. I made my own choices because I felt like they were the ones that were truest to who I am as a person.

I would have never fucked over Aurora, but she went for me first. I would have let Alexis for deeper than she had any right to for my own gameplay, but she broke our trust first. I would have taken Jessica as my partner to the end, but she broke my trust multiple times.

I was always loyal to them before they went after me. After those moments, I saw them as players and friends, but not a requirement for me to watch out for, because they weren't doing that for me.

Michael

• Alumni
By Matt
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:41:35 pm
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:30:06 pm
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:27:36 pm
This has nothing to do with "personal." I don't have anything against you personally at all. Again, I just don't know why you
even brought it up. Saying you "let it go" is still implying that I was the one who wronged you in some way and you just "let it side," which is honestly bullshit. Especially considering I wasn't even on your tribe to defend what had happened and everything you were getting was filtered through other people.
Referring to my original answer: But I brought it up as trying to just give all the details I had about our relationship and what it felt like to me at the time.

Seems like a misunderstanding. Not trying to bullshit you. I guess what I should be understanding is that you did nothing wrong and I had a bad read on you by assuming something that you didn't do. Thanks for clearing up.
I think you're right that a lot of where we went wrong was a series of misunderstandings, like you taking my not wanting to hold you to your promise to not vote me out--I said that because I didn't want your personal feelings towards me to impact you needing to make game decisions for yourself later on, but again, that was me misunderstanding that comment from you as just saying it to kind of mind me to you, rather than you sort of signaling you wanted some sort of commitment from me that I was as close to you as maybe others had seemed.

You'll see in my jury comments that at F11 when I said all my favorite people were in merge, I just meant people I really liked talking to, not like...people I necessarily wanted in the merge (if that makes sense?).

Either way, I appreciate your honest answer earlier and I'm excited to catch up after this is all over. We are good.

:woozy: :woozy: :woozy:
Hey Alexis. Just wanted to follow up on this. Thanks for saying that you're excited to catch up after. That's really relieving to me and I'm excited too. I'm glad you appreciated my honest answer. I could've just been more honest and straight up with you (like you asked me for once) rather than dancing around with that statement/question to you. Anyways just wanted to say thanks for this note.
Alexis liked this

Matt

• Alumni
By Sherri
Rocker wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:58:15 pm Hey Final 3 👋. I think you’ve all done great in your answers.

Who’s vote do you think you have? Who’s vote do you think the other 2 finalists definitely have?
Thanks so much Rocker! I think Reynold has definitely been a huge supporter for me here, right from the start of this FTC, so I appreciate that and his vote. I think Hope seems to be leaning to Matt while Alexis could be Mike, or possibly me.
Reynold, Rocker liked this

Sherri

• Alumni
By Aurora
Posts Custom Custom Group
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 9:06:45 pm

Thanks Aurora! I really like this warmth/competence scale from Amy Cuddy and colleagues. The idea is that most personalities can be defined by this 2x2 quadrant with warm/cold and competent/incompetent. I think Sherri came off as warm and competent here. I think I came off as probably cold and middle competent/incompetent. And similar for Michael.

I'd want to know how success is defined for the everyday. If we're talking the business context, would that be money for the business? Popularity of the business? Etc. Also correlation doesn't equal causation so that's why I asked about success as the DV. But usually warm/competent personalities do well and sometimes cold/competent personalities do well too.
Thanks, I appreciate the nod to Amy Cuddy, et. al.

I was asking your thoughts on basically the premise of the study, which is what kind of basic/commonplace personality traits equal success in the game. So, the success I was referring to was basically getting to the final 3.
Alexis liked this

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Custom Custom Group