[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4287: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Day 31 - Live Final Tribal Council - Page 3 - Stranded in Tuamotus
By Alexis
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:18:50 pm
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:15:02 pm @Matt Can you just clear up what you meant by me "throwing you under the bus" when you were on Puka 3.0? I thought we cleared that up at merge, so I didn't really love this from you when you brought it up today. @Elizabeth Elizabeth can jump in here if she thinks I'm off base, but I never mentioned your name when I was passing messages from Jess to Liz about Missy supposedly meddling with your TC that round. My impression was it was just assumed she was doing it through you. One of my biggest regrets was ever acting as a messenger, but at that point I wasn't at all trying to fuck with your game and wanted you to make it to merge. "Throwing you UTB" wouldn't have been in my best interest even if I did do it, which I didn't.
Hey Alexis, my understanding was also that we cleared it up. But I brought it up as trying to just give all the details I had about our relationship and what it felt like to me at the time. Like I said in my response to you earlier, there was a lot of assumptions on both our parts it sounds like.
I mean, yeah that's fair, that there were a lot of assumptions on both of our parts, but not with regards to that? I don't like that I'm being accused of throwing you UTB for something I 100% didn't do, and I resent you bringing it up again today as if it didn't get cleared up? I just don't see what the point was.I didn't really take any issue with the rest of your response to me.
Reynold liked this

Alexis

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts
By Reynold
@Michael @Matt

I don't know where you guys are getting the idea that this is a personality, ms congeniality prize or whatever the fuck that but there comes a point whenever your mouth overloads your ass and that happened in regards to the both of you.

Reynold

• Jury
By Alexis
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:20:18 pm
Sherri wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:18:26 pm
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:15:30 pm

1 and 3 make sense. 2 I took issue with you saying you led strategic votes. No one was a traditional leader so I guess we all could say we led the votes. But when you're using that as justification for why you're the dominant player it's an odd flex.
It's not a 'flex' or anything. There are many reasons why I'm a dominant player and I feel like I haven't just been focusing on the strategic part of my game when explaining that.

Also side question because I'm curious - what was the irony behind me posting the barf emoji to Alexis? I wasn't sure what you were referring to.
I interpreted the barf emoji as you barfing at how I played. And so I thought it was ironic because you also were negative sometimes.
This was an inside joke between Sherri and me.
Elizabeth, Sherri liked this

Alexis

• Jury
By Sherri
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:15:30 pm

1 and 3 make sense. 2 I took issue with you saying you led strategic votes. No one was a traditional leader so I guess we all could say we led the votes. But when you're using that as justification for why you're the dominant player it's an odd flex.
It's not a 'flex' or anything. There are many reasons why I'm a dominant player and I feel like I haven't just been focusing on the strategic part of my game when explaining that.

Also side question because I'm curious - what was the irony behind me posting the barf emoji to Alexis? I wasn't sure what you were referring to.
I interpreted the barf emoji as you barfing at how I played. And so I thought it was ironic because you also were negative sometimes.
Well you were completely off base with that and I don't know why you would interpret it that way.

Me posting the barf emoji was in reference to a joke between Alexis and I. Before we got swapped away, we were talking about this ridiculous barf story and that almost became the last things we said to one an other. We quickly remedied that and from then on referred it to the 'Lucky Barf' that would bring us luck.
Alexis liked this

Sherri

• Alumni
By Matt
Aurora wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:17:43 pm
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:11:42 pm
Reynold wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:09:39 pm @Matt that's kind of bullshit because now you're just giving her the puppet master edit which you and michael exclaimed so proudly to have taken the role of. Okay, everyone has to lie at some point?
I never proudly claimed that role. I thought it was important for people to know that Sherri wasn't a saint and it's nice to get a follow up. If people are going to vote for Sherri with the idea that it's because she was sweet all the time, that wasn't true.
Being "sweet all the time" is not why the jury is talking about Sherri as a potential winner at all. So, I think we're good.
Seemed like there was a lot of negativity about jury management and so I wanted Sherri to own that she wasn't positive all the time either and she did that.

Matt

• Alumni
By Stephannie
Custom Posts Custom
Hope wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:16:27 pm After seeing the final three, I felt a lot of the jury wanted to vote for you Mike. After your OS, i felt a lot of people were turned off at the thought of voting you to win.. I felt it was because of this narrative you tried pushing that you and Matt ran shit. It was just mad weird to read knowing how close me and Matt were and how we were gonna go to final three had I not flipped. I guess I was looking for you to come to final three saying "I beat the odds" "I made the most of a shit situation" instead of "this was the plan all along." There seems to be a disconnect in how you and Matt valued your relationship
I will add to this for Mike and say it felt like you were taking credit for decisions that other players had their own agency in. And their own reasons/benefits for making those choices!
Elizabeth, Reynold liked this

Stephannie

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Posts Custom
By Matt
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:21:32 pm
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:15:02 pm @Matt Can you just clear up what you meant by me "throwing you under the bus" when you were on Puka 3.0? I thought we cleared that up at merge, so I didn't really love this from you when you brought it up today. @Elizabeth Elizabeth can jump in here if she thinks I'm off base, but I never mentioned your name when I was passing messages from Jess to Liz about Missy supposedly meddling with your TC that round. My impression was it was just assumed she was doing it through you. One of my biggest regrets was ever acting as a messenger, but at that point I wasn't at all trying to fuck with your game and wanted you to make it to merge. "Throwing you UTB" wouldn't have been in my best interest even if I did do it, which I didn't.
Hey Alexis, my understanding was also that we cleared it up. But I brought it up as trying to just give all the details I had about our relationship and what it felt like to me at the time. Like I said in my response to you earlier, there was a lot of assumptions on both our parts it sounds like.
I mean, yeah that's fair, that there were a lot of assumptions on both of our parts, but not with regards to that? I don't like that I'm being accused of throwing you UTB for something I 100% didn't do, and I resent you bringing it up again today as if it didn't get cleared up? I just don't see what the point was.I didn't really take any issue with the rest of your response to me.
Huh okay resent is a strong word. Sorry again that you felt that way and haven't meant to contribute negatively to your personal experience here.

Matt

• Alumni
By Michael
Hope wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:16:27 pm After seeing the final three, I felt a lot of the jury wanted to vote for you Mike. After your OS, i felt a lot of people were turned off at the thought of voting you to win.. I felt it was because of this narrative you tried pushing that you and Matt ran shit. It was just mad weird to read knowing how close me and Matt were and how we were gonna go to final three had I not flipped. I guess I was looking for you to come to final three saying "I beat the odds" "I made the most of a shit situation" instead of "this was the plan all along." There seems to be a disconnect in how you and Matt valued your relationship

I think you're right, and that's very fair of you to say. I did come off as a bit of an asshole with my OS, so i'd like to clear that up a bit.

Although I really dislike the idea that my whole game was a "Scooby Doo reveal" because I really just think there was that one aspect to my game that was a surprise to everyone. I had to work very hard from the final nine on and try and build connections with more than just Matt. I had to work with the people who just freshly turned on me and I had to drop my ego to do it.

I believe out of the three of us here, I had the most adversity against me and I needed to do the most legwork to keep the target off of myself. I do think Matt was an amazing ally and stream of information for me, but I still needed to do my own work with You, Jess, Alexis, and everyone else left in the game to make sure that I would be able to land safely after everyone was against me.

I certainly had moments where I lead a vote or "made a move" but I think @Stephannie was right during the tribal council that she left that I really excelled at Wheeling and Dealing, because I was at a point in the game that it was my best option to get to the end.

I think what my ultimate point was during my OS is that I wasn't blind to what was going on and that I always had my finger on the pulse of the situation, even if the pulse was telling me I was close to dead. lol
Alexis liked this

Michael

• Alumni
By Hope
I honestly want to say though that I don't think anyone is calling Sherri an idiot and Sherri I definitely appreciated your response to my concerns the other day, but I still felt the overall game reads were off in you and had you not won immunity at four you would be on the jury right now. I feel like this brings up the question: are you all looking for a winner who beasted their way to the end through comp wins or through strategic positioning? Right now I see better game play in strategic positioning because I was someone who could not rely on challenge wins.
Matt, Michael liked this

Hope

• Jury
By Matt
Sherri wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:23:29 pm

Well you were completely off base with that and I don't know why you would interpret it that way.

Me posting the barf emoji was in reference to a joke between Alexis and I. Before we got swapped away, we were talking about this ridiculous barf story and that almost became the last things we said to one an other. We quickly remedied that and from then on referred it to the 'Lucky Barf' that would bring us luck.
I interpreted it that way based on how the conversation was going about me talking shit. Glad we could clear it up.
Sherri liked this

Matt

• Alumni
By Aurora
Custom Group Posts Custom
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:23:31 pm
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:11:42 pm
I never proudly claimed that role. I thought it was important for people to know that Sherri wasn't a saint and it's nice to get a follow up. If people are going to vote for Sherri with the idea that it's because she was sweet all the time, that wasn't true.
Being "sweet all the time" is not why the jury is talking about Sherri as a potential winner at all. So, I think we're good.
Seemed like there was a lot of negativity about jury management and so I wanted Sherri to own that she wasn't positive all the time either and she did that.
Matt... bro, fight with the other finalists all you want, but I just gave a perspective from the jury's point of view. What's the point in defending yourself there?
Reynold liked this

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Custom Group Posts Custom
By Matt
Aurora wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:26:33 pm
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:23:31 pm

Matt... bro, fight with the other finalists all you want, but I just gave a perspective from the jury's point of view. What's the point in defending yourself there?
Hey Aurora, wasn't trying to defend myself? Just offer my perspective. Thanks for pointing out that I'm coming off as defensive though.

Matt

• Alumni
By Alexis
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:24:40 pm
Huh okay resent is a strong word. Sorry again that you felt that way and haven't meant to contribute negatively to your personal experience here.
This has nothing to do with "personal." I don't have anything against you personally at all. Again, I just don't know why you
even brought it up. Saying you "let it go" is still implying that I was the one who wronged you in some way and you just "let it side," which is honestly bullshit. Especially considering I wasn't even on your tribe to defend what had happened and everything you were getting was filtered through other people.

Alexis

• Jury
By Michael
Stephannie wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:24:19 pm
I will add to this for Mike and say it felt like you were taking credit for decisions that other players had their own agency in. And their own reasons/benefits for making those choices!
I think that's fair, because I obviously never held a gun to anyone's head and I don't have the psychic ability to force anyone to do anything. Although, I do think that I did play a role in a lot of those decisions that were made and I was able to give some good arguments on why something needed to happen.

I felt a bit insecure going into my OS because I spent a lot of time on the latter half of the merge trying to lower my threat status due to how high the target was on me. So I wanted to make a point to say that I was at least trying to influence the outcome, and I do think there are plenty of points where I did help move the needle with people.

Michael

• Alumni
By Jessica
Group Posts Group
I have a question for Michael

You made sure to bring up trust a lot in your response to me, yet you never told me about this duo with Matt that was supposedly going on the entire game. So why are you holding me to a different standard with being 100% with you when you weren’t 100% with me?
Hope, Reynold, Matt and 1 others liked this

Jessica

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Posts Group
By Matt
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:27:36 pm
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:24:40 pm
This has nothing to do with "personal." I don't have anything against you personally at all. Again, I just don't know why you
even brought it up. Saying you "let it go" is still implying that I was the one who wronged you in some way and you just "let it side," which is honestly bullshit. Especially considering I wasn't even on your tribe to defend what had happened and everything you were getting was filtered through other people.
Referring to my original answer: But I brought it up as trying to just give all the details I had about our relationship and what it felt like to me at the time.

Seems like a misunderstanding. Not trying to bullshit you. I guess what I should be understanding is that you did nothing wrong and I had a bad read on you by assuming something that you didn't do. Thanks for clearing up.
Alexis liked this

Matt

• Alumni