[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4287: ob_start(): output handler 'ob_gzhandler' conflicts with 'zlib output compression'
Day 31 - Live Final Tribal Council - Page 2 - Stranded in Tuamotus
By Matt
Reynold wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:09:39 pm @Matt that's kind of bullshit because now you're just giving her the puppet master edit which you and michael exclaimed so proudly to have taken the role of. Okay, everyone has to lie at some point?
I never proudly claimed that role. I thought it was important for people to know that Sherri wasn't a saint and it's nice to get a follow up. If people are going to vote for Sherri with the idea that it's because she was sweet all the time, that wasn't true.

Matt

• Alumni
  • Awards: Posts
By Sherri
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:07:16 pm Alright let's get into it. Final 3... how did you feel about the questioning, was there anything that you felt you didn't get to say or a vibe from the jury you didn't think was justified?
I felt that the questions were fair and made sense. I addressed some disconnects in some of the statements made by Sherri earlier that would be great to get follow ups on.

1) Did you vote with Jessica at F4 because you didn't want to be in finals with me or because you wanted her jury vote? You've said both.

2) What strategic decisions did you lead at the merge as you said in one of your first FTC responses?

3) Remember when we talked about the Stranded neighborhood after a few merge votes and you said you were going to be sweet as pie Sherri again at the bake sale. Your favorite was lemon meringue if I recall and mine is pecan. Were you being sweet as pie at FTC on purpose?
1. It was both. Is it not allowed to be both? I don't take just one single thing into consideration when I'm making my votes so yes, both of those things crossed my mind when I was making the decision to vote for you there.

2. So it’s true that many of the decisions at the merge were team efforts but I shouldn’t be faulted if me and someone else or several people have the same idea as to what should be happening next. Just because I didn’t have to push my view as hard, it doesn’t negate that I was getting my way a lot during the middle of that merge. It was just that everyone was coming together with the same idea so I didn’t need to work as hard convincing people what we should do. For me, leading is not just about dictating votes, it’s about making sure people come together and are comfortable with the vote…and that’s what I did. I know perhaps that might not be a traditional leader in your mind and I'm totally cool if you disagree, but that's my perspective.

3. Whoops just posted a few paragraphs about that lol. That should cover it.

Sherri

• Alumni
By Michael
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:08:37 pm
Michael wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:05:27 pm I guess I'll say something first.

I want to address @Alexis and @Elizabeth about what we were talking about in Elizabeth's thread. This is what I have from my confessional:

my favorite part is when things start stirring up as Hope makes an alliance with herself, Shamar, Alexis, Matt, and Liz. So basically leaving out Sherri and I. Matt comes to me right away about it, but for some reason Alexis was holding onto that information for a moment. She eventually told me about it and the fact that they were going to include Sherri on it, but it was the pause from her that was a bit concerning. Apparently Liz didn't want me to know about it at all. Ultimately, Alexis did come to me so I was never really worried about that new group

So I wanted just clear up my perspective on that :)
This is not my recollection of it at all. From my perspective I told you pretty soon after, and I don't recall ever saying Liz didn't want you to know about it. Perhaps my "pause" was me cooking dinner or taking a long shit.

In all honesty, I completely forgot about this chat until you brought it up on Te Poto, so I'm sorry that it's something that shaped your outlook on people in the game so much moving forward, but it was extremely insignificant and formed right before the swap.

haha the pause was about a half day compared to when Matt told me, but after you told me I pretty much dropped it because we swapped and the only importance it had with me at that point was that you were honest with me and it made me finally have tangible trust with you. Not that I didn't trust you before, but it was so early in the game that it's not like we had anything to really verify who was being honest yet. If that makes sense.
Alexis liked this

Michael

• Alumni
By Matt
Elizabeth wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:10:21 pm
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:07:16 pm Alright let's get into it. Final 3... how did you feel about the questioning, was there anything that you felt you didn't get to say or a vibe from the jury you didn't think was justified?
I felt that the questions were fair and made sense. I addressed some disconnects in some of the statements made by Sherri earlier that would be great to get follow ups on.

1) Did you vote with Jessica at F4 because you didn't want to be in finals with me or because you wanted her jury vote? You've said both.

2) What strategic decisions did you lead at the merge as you said in one of your first FTC responses?

3) Remember when we talked about the Stranded neighborhood after a few merge votes and you said you were going to be sweet as pie Sherri again at the bake sale. Your favorite was lemon meringue if I recall and mine is pecan. Were you being sweet as pie at FTC on purpose?
Matt. If all Sherri did was run a bake sale and call me a goat, she really isn’t going to like the things I’ve said about her. She’s a saint in comparison so it’s just sad you tried to make her out to be some villain with no ammo.
Sad is one word, just alternative is another.

Matt

• Alumni
By Reynold
@Matt

you guys have more or less acted like sherri's an idiot, and now you want to bring up the fact that she bullshitted, conned people, etc. PLEASE we've been past that in the jury house. You really think you got to final 3 without telling a lie? If anything, you're just hurting your own case right now because you're looking for petty, elementary shit to try and get her with and it was nothing compared to how vain and vicious both you and michael were.
Rocker, Allie liked this

Reynold

• Jury
By Jessica
Posts Group Group
Michael wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:10:26 pm
Allie wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:07:51 pm Finalists, how are you liking the jury?
I think it's been a bit of a ride for all of us in different ways. But I don't think most people's responses towards me were out of left field except for maybe one.
:yikes:

Jessica

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Group Group
By Alexis
@Matt Can you just clear up what you meant by me "throwing you under the bus" when you were on Puka 3.0? I thought we cleared that up at merge, so I didn't really love this from you when you brought it up today. @Elizabeth Elizabeth can jump in here if she thinks I'm off base, but I never mentioned your name when I was passing messages from Jess to Liz about Missy supposedly meddling with your TC that round. My impression was it was just assumed she was doing it through you. One of my biggest regrets was ever acting as a messenger, but at that point I wasn't at all trying to fuck with your game and wanted you to make it to merge. "Throwing you UTB" wouldn't have been in my best interest even if I did do it, which I didn't.
Elizabeth liked this

Alexis

• Jury
By Matt
Sherri wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13:08 pm

1. It was both. Is it not allowed to be both? I don't take just one single thing into consideration when I'm making my votes so yes, both of those things crossed my mind when I was making the decision to vote for you there.

2. So it’s true that many of the decisions at the merge were team efforts but I shouldn’t be faulted if me and someone else or several people have the same idea as to what should be happening next. Just because I didn’t have to push my view as hard, it doesn’t negate that I was getting my way a lot during the middle of that merge. It was just that everyone was coming together with the same idea so I didn’t need to work as hard convincing people what we should do. For me, leading is not just about dictating votes, it’s about making sure people come together and are comfortable with the vote…and that’s what I did. I know perhaps that might not be a traditional leader in your mind and I'm totally cool if you disagree, but that's my perspective.

1 and 3 make sense. 2 I took issue with you saying you led strategic votes. No one was a traditional leader so I guess we all could say we led the votes. But when you're using that as justification for why you're the dominant player it's an odd flex.

Matt

• Alumni
By Sherri
Allie wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:07:51 pm Finalists, how are you liking the jury?
You have all been very kind to me which I appreciate. I know the jury has been harsher on the other two finalists and I really haven't wanted to be propped up on a pedestal because of it. I'm just looking at things separately and for me personally, I have appreciated the comments and support that I've gotten.
Rocker, Reynold, Allie liked this

Sherri

• Alumni
By Hope
After seeing the final three, I felt a lot of the jury wanted to vote for you Mike. After your OS, i felt a lot of people were turned off at the thought of voting you to win.. I felt it was because of this narrative you tried pushing that you and Matt ran shit. It was just mad weird to read knowing how close me and Matt were and how we were gonna go to final three had I not flipped. I guess I was looking for you to come to final three saying "I beat the odds" "I made the most of a shit situation" instead of "this was the plan all along." There seems to be a disconnect in how you and Matt valued your relationship
Matt, Reynold, Stephannie liked this

Hope

• Jury
By Alexis
Michael wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13:27 pm
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:08:37 pm
Michael wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:05:27 pm I guess I'll say something first.

I want to address @Alexis and @Elizabeth about what we were talking about in Elizabeth's thread. This is what I have from my confessional:

So I wanted just clear up my perspective on that :)
This is not my recollection of it at all. From my perspective I told you pretty soon after, and I don't recall ever saying Liz didn't want you to know about it. Perhaps my "pause" was me cooking dinner or taking a long shit.

In all honesty, I completely forgot about this chat until you brought it up on Te Poto, so I'm sorry that it's something that shaped your outlook on people in the game so much moving forward, but it was extremely insignificant and formed right before the swap.

haha the pause was about a half day compared to when Matt told me, but after you told me I pretty much dropped it because we swapped and the only importance it had with me at that point was that you were honest with me and it made me finally have tangible trust with you. Not that I didn't trust you before, but it was so early in the game that it's not like we had anything to really verify who was being honest yet. If that makes sense.
I actually didn't really fully trust you for the first few rounds for the same reasons you mention as needing to like...verify who was being honest, so I get it. If I did pause, I guess it makes sense.

Alexis

• Jury
By Matt
Reynold wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13:35 pm @Matt

you guys have more or less acted like sherri's an idiot, and now you want to bring up the fact that she bullshitted, conned people, etc. PLEASE we've been past that in the jury house. You really think you got to final 3 without telling a lie? If anything, you're just hurting your own case right now because you're looking for petty, elementary shit to try and get her with and it was nothing compared to how vain and vicious both you and michael were.
? I don't think Sherri's an idiot at all. Sorry if it's coming across that way. I never said I got to final 3 without telling a lie. I thought Sherri should own that she wasn't completely positive about everyone all the time and I'm glad she did that.

Matt

• Alumni
By Aurora
Posts Group Custom Custom
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:11:42 pm
Reynold wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:09:39 pm @Matt that's kind of bullshit because now you're just giving her the puppet master edit which you and michael exclaimed so proudly to have taken the role of. Okay, everyone has to lie at some point?
I never proudly claimed that role. I thought it was important for people to know that Sherri wasn't a saint and it's nice to get a follow up. If people are going to vote for Sherri with the idea that it's because she was sweet all the time, that wasn't true.
Being "sweet all the time" is not why the jury is talking about Sherri as a potential winner at all. So, I think we're good.
Rocker, Reynold, Allie and 2 others liked this

Aurora

• Jury
  • Awards: Posts Group Custom Custom
By Michael
Jessica wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:13:45 pm
Michael wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:10:26 pm
I think it's been a bit of a ride for all of us in different ways. But I don't think most people's responses towards me were out of left field except for maybe one.
:yikes:
haha not you Jess, I was referring to the random vitriol that @Reynold has for me.

I think you said what you were honestly feeling about me and I can't really fault you for that.

Michael

• Alumni
By Reynold
@Matt

I'm saying NOBODY, not you. Yes obviously sherri has said and done things, but nobody gets to the final 3 without telling a lie or screwing someone over at one point.

Reynold

• Jury
By Sherri
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:15:30 pm

1 and 3 make sense. 2 I took issue with you saying you led strategic votes. No one was a traditional leader so I guess we all could say we led the votes. But when you're using that as justification for why you're the dominant player it's an odd flex.
It's not a 'flex' or anything. There are many reasons why I'm a dominant player and I feel like I haven't just been focusing on the strategic part of my game when explaining that.

Also side question because I'm curious - what was the irony behind me posting the barf emoji to Alexis? I wasn't sure what you were referring to.
Alexis, Elizabeth liked this

Sherri

• Alumni
By Matt
Alexis wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:15:02 pm @Matt Can you just clear up what you meant by me "throwing you under the bus" when you were on Puka 3.0? I thought we cleared that up at merge, so I didn't really love this from you when you brought it up today. @Elizabeth Elizabeth can jump in here if she thinks I'm off base, but I never mentioned your name when I was passing messages from Jess to Liz about Missy supposedly meddling with your TC that round. My impression was it was just assumed she was doing it through you. One of my biggest regrets was ever acting as a messenger, but at that point I wasn't at all trying to fuck with your game and wanted you to make it to merge. "Throwing you UTB" wouldn't have been in my best interest even if I did do it, which I didn't.
Hey Alexis, my understanding was also that we cleared it up. But I brought it up as trying to just give all the details I had about our relationship and what it felt like to me at the time. Like I said in my response to you earlier, there was a lot of assumptions on both our parts it sounds like.

Matt

• Alumni
By Matt
Sherri wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:18:26 pm
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:15:30 pm

It's not a 'flex' or anything. There are many reasons why I'm a dominant player and I feel like I haven't just been focusing on the strategic part of my game when explaining that.

Also side question because I'm curious - what was the irony behind me posting the barf emoji to Alexis? I wasn't sure what you were referring to.
I interpreted the barf emoji as you barfing at how I played. And so I thought it was ironic because you also were negative sometimes.

Matt

• Alumni
By Elizabeth
Group Posts
Aurora wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:17:43 pm
Matt wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:11:42 pm
Being "sweet all the time" is not why the jury is talking about Sherri as a potential winner at all. So, I think we're good.
I literally voted her 4 times lol
So sweet
Sherri liked this

Elizabeth

• Jury
  • Awards: Group Posts